Print Thread
Hop To
J
jasontx Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
I was out tonight looking for night time insects to photo when i came across a small hole covered in web. I grabbed a small blade of grass and drug it across the hole and this is the girl that came out.
My wife is very excited to see this diversity in my yard smile NOT
Rio Grande Gold Tarantula - Aphonopelma moderatum
[Linked Image]
View Large: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5493/9766861414_cf277c9d5f_o.jpg

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Better your yard than mine...

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
J
jasontx Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by CameraLandTamronPhotAdv
Better your yard than mine...

My wife agree's with you. Our "yard" is pretty big though so she's far enough away so the wife doesn't loose a whole lot of sleep smile

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have about 7 acres in the mountains and if I was at one end with it at the other it still wouldn't be far enough. I hope you used at least a 1000mm lens for the shot!

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
J
jasontx Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by CameraLandTamronPhotAdv
I have about 7 acres in the mountains and if I was at one end with it at the other it still wouldn't be far enough. I hope you used at least a 1000mm lens for the shot!

Well my place is only an acre smile It was a 100mm but she was cute and cuddly..

IC B2

B
B
time to move!

J
jasontx Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by blackdogg
time to move!
My wife agree's smile

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
To my mind, the perfect pet.

Feed them crickets once a month.
Clean the cage once a year when they molt.
Don't care whether you pet them or not.
Don't bark or meow.

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had one as a pet in my office. It eventually bought the farm and went out with the trash. About a week later the cleaning lady noticed the lid off of the tank and that spidy was missing.

She left a note reporting that my office would not be tended to until the spider's whereabouts were established.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fooouuuuurrrrrrrr......

With a driver.........

And if that didn't work, a shotgun!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yikes!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I lived in Mathis, I had a coon under kitchen sink, rat snake in the bathroom closet, scorpions in the bathtub, and a scorpion and fire ants in the bed. I saw the scorpion before I climbed in, but not the other time with the fire ants. As long as your critters are outside Jason, you're doing fine.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jason, I envy you!
When summer comes again to Montana, I am going to search my yard trying to find anything remotely as cool as your discoveries!
I doubt that I can top your latest critter!!

Keep em coming,

Ken

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cookie nailed this guy in the back yard today. Indexing on the perch, I think it's about 20 - 22 inches long head to tail and am guessing a Coopers.

Residue indicates a junco bought the farm. One of the ever present plump quail would have made a more substantial meal.
[Linked Image]

A for sure Cooper's (bird in hand) from Christmas day a couple years ago. He smacked into the house after a quail and momentarily knocked himself out. The quail not so lucky.
[Linked Image]

1Minute
J
jasontx Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by 1minute
Cookie nailed this guy in the back yard today. Indexing on the perch, I think it's about 20 - 22 inches long head to tail and am guessing a Coopers.

Residue indicates a junco bought the farm. One of the ever present plump quail would have made a more substantial meal.
[Linked Image]

A for sure Cooper's (bird in hand) from Christmas day a couple years ago. He smacked into the house after a quail and momentarily knocked himself out. The quail not so lucky.
[Linked Image]

Nice shots and great looking hawk..

J
jasontx Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by kennymauser
Jason, I envy you!
When summer comes again to Montana, I am going to search my yard trying to find anything remotely as cool as your discoveries!
I doubt that I can top your latest critter!!

Keep em coming,

Ken

LOL, Thanks Ken...If only my wife agreed smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We had a few of the black ones for pets that we picked up in the Whittier hills while motorbike riding. We'd just put them in our jacket pockets, zip them shut and put them in the terrarium when we got home.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We'd just put them in our jacket pockets

Boy! If I missed one of those, Cookie would have me washing my own clothes for the rest of my life. Caught Hell once when I left a couple of Mepps spinners and their accompanying treble hooks in a pocket.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The worst case was when one of our snakes got out and went MIA. That is, until Mom went to take a load of sheets out of the washer and there was what was left of the king snake after the spin cycle was done with it. The snakes and tarantulas got moved to the garage pretty quickly. Mom wasn't scared of the snakes - she just didn't like surprises in the house. crazy

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A coworker's wife did near the same thing with the family cat only it went through a dryer cycle. Reports were it was an extremely nasty mess and quite difficult to even establish the species of the victim. Dumped both the dryer and the accomanying load.

The standing joke has been they're a great place to dispose of unwanted cats/dogs.

P.S. Scored a Canon 70D for Christmas.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/25/13.

1Minute

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 3333vl, 308xray, 2ndwind, 17 invisible), 15,137 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,972
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.