Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Not really. Gnostics are dualist.
The religion of freemasonry is dualist too. They believe in a balance between good and evil, and two equal gods, one of light and one of darkness.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Masons believe in One God.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Boy, everything I've read concerning the heretics Lucifer is the Prince of Darkness not the Angel of Light. Light is God and Dark is the Lucifer or the devil.

I guess that's why there were heretics as they disagreed with Rome.
I was quoting the Bible, not Rome.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Do Masons prefer mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Do Masons prefer mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?

Mayonnaise-sons?

Why yes indeed. One of the annual events held at my father's lodge was a crab feed and dad used to bring a jar of Best Food's mayonnaise to dip the crab in.

It's devilishly good. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Not really. Gnostics are dualist.
The religion of freemasonry is dualist too. They believe in a balance between good and evil, and two equal gods, one of light and one of darkness.

Good lord man. Can you please refrain from making statements like this one which are based purely on your sentiments and totally outside of your area of expertise?

Two gods? Really? Someone from outside the fold could far more easily make that argument for Christianity than for Freemasonry.

And the "religion of freemasonry"? In the context that you used it there is no such thing. In one sense there certainly is, but not as you used it. Masonry will offer you no path to heaven, no method of attaining salvation, no insights into which religion (if any) is the correct one. These questions, and others like them, are to be answered by your rabbi, priest, preacher, imam, etc. Masonry doesn't do that.

In its most basic and truthful context the religion of masonry is in fact a philosophy. Not a religion as the term is used at present.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Penguin
Can you please refrain from making statements like this one which are based purely on your sentiments and totally outside of your area of expertise?

IIRC, dumbphuckery is his area of expertise.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by tedthorn
100 pages of the stink on Masons

I don't smell a thing

I'm showing 42 pages with 58 pages left to go as far as I'm concerned. grin

(I have the number of posts per page set differently than the default set up, the default is 10 posts per page.)

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Masons believe in God......the end

It is up to each individual member what religious beliefs they choose

BTW......Christians.......Alert Alert!!!! Jews are Masons

A loude gasp was heard accross the fire.....oh no

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, think I get it.

Rank-and-file Masons, for the most part, believe that Freemasonry is just like a cross between Rotary and Christmas. Some charity, some (possibly repurposed)use of pagan symbolism, some secrecy & oaths added just for fun. Throw in some religious terminology like "temple" for "club house" too, also for heightened fun.

Just whatever because Boyscouts, Rotary, etc, and churches are so mundane.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Masons believe in God......the end

It is up to each individual member what religious beliefs they choose

BTW......Christians.......Alert Alert!!!! Jews are Masons

A loude gasp was heard accross the fire.....oh no

Irony being that when Yanks say "Jews", to the Australian ear it sounds like "you-s"...so I guess they are Masons!

Zombie movie is terrible, as it should be.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Can you please refrain from making statements like this one which are based purely on your sentiments and totally outside of your area of expertise?

Yeah right. If everyone did this the 'fire would go out.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Good lord man. Can you please refrain from making statements like this one which are based purely on your sentiments and totally outside of your area of expertise?

You just gave him two openings.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BarryC
Oh, think I get it.

Rank-and-file Masons, for the most part, believe that Freemasonry is just like a cross between Rotary and Christmas. Some charity, some (possibly repurposed)use of pagan symbolism, some secrecy & oaths added just for fun. Throw in some religious terminology like "temple" for "club house" too, also for heightened fun.

No you don't get it. And TBH you will never get it. It isn't a knock on you personally it is just that with this kind of mindset Masonry would be a total waste of time for you.

This discussion started as one where the question was posed "Is masonry and Christianity compatible?" but probably a more appropriate question for most people would be "Is masonry something that would add something to my life?"

In some cases an even better one would be for Masonry to ask whether you would be compatible with the lodge. Would you add something positive? For many the answer is no. And it is not a knock on you personally if that is the case. It isn't for everyone.

To paraphrase the Chinese, it is difficult to fill an already overflowing cup. If you know all the answers and have an ironclad path that you feel confident will lead you to become the best man you can be? You don't need masonry, keep doing whatever it is you are doing.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a weakness for corny zombie movies. Which one was it?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I have a weakness for corny zombie movies. Which one was it?

Night of the Living Dead Resurrection.

In the last couple of days I have meandered through;

Before Dawn
Dead Mine
Outpost Rise of the Spetsnaz
Fright Night 2
Scarecrow
The Facility
The Last Days on Mars
Humans Versus Zombies
Infestation
Skinwalkers
Outpost Horror

And am looking at next;

Shaun of the Dead
Resident Evil series
Zombieland
World War Z
The Zombie diarys 2
The Colony
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the dead
28 Days Later

The cheesier the better.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BarryC
Oh, think I get it.

No you don't get it. And TBH you will never get it. It isn't a knock on you personally it is
just that with this kind of mindset Masonry would be a total waste of time for you.

This discussion started as one where the question was posed "Is masonry and Christianity compatible?" but probably a more appropriate question for most people would be "Is masonry something that would add something to my life?"

In some cases an even better one would be for Masonry to ask whether you would be
compatible with the lodge. Would you add something positive? For many the answer is
no. And it is not a knock on you personally if that is the case. It isn't for everyone.

To paraphrase the Chinese, it is difficult to fill an already overflowing cup. If you know all the answers and have an ironclad path that you feel confident will lead you to become the best man you can be? You don't need masonry, keep doing whatever it is
you are doing.

Will

I am sure Aleister Crowley found masonry to be a great use of time and believed he was a better man for it.

Last edited by nathanial; 12/13/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the list, some on there I've never heard of so will have to see if the local video store has them.

Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland are both great comedies, you should enjoy them.

World War Z is nothing like the book but you might already know that.

Meaning to rent this one: Ridge War Z. "The last surviving veterans of the worst battle of a zombie war recount their horrific memories to an author who is writing a book about their experiences." Sounds like a close ripoff of the World War Z book.

[Linked Image]

Masons control zombies, btw. I had to add that to stay in context.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 51 of 67 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,222
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.