Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,264 of 1,842 1 2 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You know how we all have been singing the praises of Primos Truth Cams for trail cameras? I have loved mine. Well, both of mine failed me this year. Didnt take any pictures and they were both carefully set up properly. I also got some funky error messages. I won a Reconnyx at a PF banquet and that one worked flawlessly. Doggone it, dunno what to do now.

On another topic, I am pretty excited that I got invited to the MN DNR roundtable this year! It will really be interesting to understand that process and give feedback on DNR issues. I think I will tell them we dont yet have enough wol.. eek...na, just kidding, I cant event type that whole word!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by White_Bear
12" with a tape measure.

The ice I meant.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Do you have the right cards in those cams B-man?

I know these cams can only handle SD's up to a certain capacity size.

Toss an awesome high capacity card in there and it might not work. I think you are safe up to 5GB and maybe a little more, maybe 8?

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice fish WB. What brand of line were you using?

I caught a 36", 15 pound White Sturgeon on the Columbia about 5 years ago and it was a tussle. Can't imagine a bigger fish on a small ice rod and light line.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah, I know that. I had 2 GB cards in there that had worked before. Arrrrggg.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
BM,

Did you have SD cards that were too big in it? I'm not sure how all that stuff works but I think they're only supposed to take a 8mb card.

My TC46 took great pictures but the time/date stamp was goofed up and all the pictures read 1/1/00 1200hrs. I didn't reset the date when I moved the camera, but I didn't think I'd need to either. On my TC 35, the time/date doesn't have to be reset until the batteries are removed.

That Reconnyx should work out for ya...they cost $500+. The only way I'd get one is by winning it to.. If I had a spare $500 I'd buy a rifle. smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Do you have the right cards in those cams B-man?

I know these cams can only handle SD's up to a certain capacity size.

Toss an awesome high capacity card in there and it might not work. I think you are safe up to 5GB and maybe a little more, maybe 8?

Oops. ND beat me to it. I shoulda read further.

Do you have the 46's? once you turn them on, they do a little countdown 12-20 seconds before they're set to take pics. Did you make sure it did that? Since I have to drive a few hours to check the cams, I make sure they snap a pic before I leave the site. Learnt that one the hard way too. mad

Last edited by tzone; 12/16/13.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Good looking fish WB. Reading the whole thread in the last week or so while I was off has me wanting to get out on the ice too, except we don't have enough to even think about it. It has been a couple of years since I got out, and about 15 years since I got out on big water. A friend nd I used to drive to Port Clinton and fly out to the island and fish Lake Erie a couple of weekends every year. He moved away and I started working at the Sheriff's Office in 1991 so I haven't been to Lake Erie on the ice since at least 1989. Don't get old guys you just can't find the time to do the fun stuff that you made time for when you are younger. At least that is how it worked out for me.

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The lady friend and I were up in Duluth on Friday night and the amout of snow they have from there north is crazy. Some spots have almost 3' of snow.

The Duluth news paper said deer are already yarding up and pushing snow when they're out of the yard. Things aren't looking good for the deer population in the NE area of MN. It's snowing there almost everyday. My dad has a bunch of cedars in his yard and the deer have them mowed up as far as they can reach now... That's not a good sign in December.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fireline Crystal micro ice.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
12" with a tape measure.

The ice I meant.

That's the nice thing about this time of the year. Same measurement. smile

Do not feed the bear!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I set one and my brother set the other TC35 up just like we have for the last few years. I just dont know what happened. I will have to test around home.

Yeah, those Reconnyx are spendy, I wouldnt have one either but the $10 raffle ticket was the lucky winner. It went from August 15 to Dec 14th on 6 AA batteries. Wow.

Had the nice buck my dad missed on there the night he missed it! He shot at it about 2 pm and at 830 it was back cruising across the same food plot.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
white bear, how did you get out? sled or wheeler? I am going wedsneday again. thanks nice fish. Good starter for the year!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ranger w/o chains. Pulled a 8x8 trailer with 2 portables. It was pretty tough going that way. Chains would have gotten us around a lot better or even just pulling the ports.
Dragging that trailer & no chains was not the hot ticket.

I'm going to have to get some sort of tracked machine for the lake.

Do not feed the bear!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm going to have to get some sort of tracked machine for the lake.

Where on earth would you find a contraption like that?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
BM,

Did you reformat your cards after transferring pics to another device? I have a Moultrie card viewer that I transfer my photo's from my TC 35's on to. When I put the card back in the camera, I have to push and hold the up and down arrows simutaneously for about 5 seconds. This will reformat the card to the camera.

Be careful if you have pics on the card that you want to save though because reformatting it will delete all the pics.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Nice fish WB.

What were you using for bait that a sturgeon would take?

I know nothing about sturgeon fishing but I thought I heard that you have to have the bait laying on the bottom (like a mess of crawlers on a treble hook) and they come along and suck it up?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I caught one....or I should say, had one on in a walleye tourney on Lake Winnebago near Appleton, WI. It was a on a planer board and a crawler harness, about 10' down in 15' of water. That sucker stripped that line so fast you'd thought I hooked Moby Dick. It was fun for about a minute. laugh

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've also caught a couple of small ones while Walleye fishing on the Wolf River (WI) in the spring. You can really end up with a mess on your hands if the Sturgeon runs across other fishermen's lines. What a tangled up mess.

It's general practice to shout out "Sturgeon" to get the other fisherman to reel in their lines.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Page 1,264 of 1,842 1 2 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.