-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2,359 of 2,579 1 2 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2578 2579
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'chucker, how did you get them to wear hats without putting a death grip on 'em? My sis tried everything to get him to keep it on long enuff to trip the trigger, and finally resorted to having me hold the fat bastid still....

[Linked Image]

GB1

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Evening all.

'Chucker, Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22
'chucker, how did you get them to wear hats without putting a death grip on 'em? My sis tried everything to get him to keep it on long enuff to trip the trigger, and finally resorted to having me hold the fat bastid still....

[Linked Image]

Laffin, if his eyes get any bigger they're going to pop out.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
their just real easy dogs that adore me

FJB
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
thanks slim

FJB
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
BD,

What do you mean as a controller?

You were part of all that?

Travis

Yep. I have a long history in the aviation bidness with many curious turns.

After my army days I bought and restored a boat or two, lived on them in the process. Treasure diving one summer then I started shopping for jobs. Went with the FAA as an enroute ATC puke at Miami Center for about 3 years then landed a corporate flying job. That was cool while it lasted...3 August '81 Ronnie Rayguns fired the striking controllers and they called me up and said they had a few openings.

Well, my flying job was phuoced, being low priority for IFR flight reservations. Turned in the plane and went back to Miami. Gawd, how I loathe that city. Lasted a few years in the 'hood then moved to Key Largo. I worked radar on the central and south Florida east coast and Atlantic Routes, and non-radar east into oceanic airspace and the northern Bahamas. During that time my area of specialization was charged with airspace protection for the Kennedy Space Center for all missile launches and training. We worked the traffic between airports in the short version, sequenced arrivals for the terminals and provided approach services (radar) for Vero Beach, Ft. Pierce and Patrick Approach airspace during the midnight shift.

Transferred to Jacksonville Center in '95, working the overland airspace north of the Tampa/Orlando line up to about 150 miles south of Atlanta. That particular chunk of airspace was insane, every day of the year. My personal best was 57 airplanes in a high altitude 6 minute sector we called Lake City High at the same time. Arrivals, departures and overflights all in one neat little bag. I still wonder how I got thru that without a pair of Deltas swapping paint. Sups wondered too.

I asked the Flow Control manager how many pounds of sugar he thought he could stuff into a 2# bag...I thought he was gonna cloud up and cry. Phuocin' suits.....

Anyway, pilot (fixed wing, rotary wing, ATP, Commercial, jets/props/choppers), accident investigator, ATC puke...a long 30+ years punctuated with occasional moments of boredom.

Wish I had my minigun back....

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crossfire has one of those heelers, at least I think that's what it is. Her name is Gracie. She kills coyotes. She is a good dog but I doubt she will wear a hat.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
BD,

not quite as colorful a life as yours, but perhaps I can relate to a degree.

I find that I'm in a love/hate relationship with myself. I've had a wonderful life but it seems that the older I get, the better I wuz. That can suck sometimes. Hard to fly straight up to the sun and not get burned.

Best to you and yours this holiday season.

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it seems that the older I get, the better I wuz.

Ain't that a fact? Geesh, I was so good they should have bronzed me. laugh

I'm safe now...most of the time. I didn't bleed today while playing with the chain saw. Proud of that.

Best wishes to you Gee and all the rest of you 8-balls. When you can remember, stand tall, shoot small. Oooh Raaah!

Happy Holidays!

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dogs are badass...

[Linked Image]

Tanner

IC B3

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Yes they are. I like most dogs better than most people.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
good stuff T.

Beautiful animals in a picturesque setting.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SLM
Yes they are. I like most dogs better than most people.

Absofreakinlutely...

Even when they drip stinky water all over your Beretta...

[Linked Image]

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I didn't bleed today while playing with the chain saw. Proud of that.

BD

Yup, no cuts today, but then I weren't playing with sharp objects.

I've had a Cold Steel Outdoorsman for well over 10 years. Love it cause the handle is long enough that I can use two hands and slice through the sternum on a deer and the blade is long enough to then clean out the entrails and remove the esophagus without having to reach all the way in with a short knife. Well I lost mine several months ago, so I got a deal on a new one as a replacement. Had not used it until Tuesday night a week ago.

I skinned out a little hog with my new Menefee Bose drop

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

fine and dandy. Then I removed the entrails. I'd severed the spine most way with my shot so that was cool.

Guess I've seen to many Cold Steel videos and got a little careless when removing the head from the carcass and all it took was the barest kiss of the blade.

[Linked Image]

Almost never cut myself, so I guess it was just Karma, couldn't have been that demon rum. Took out about a 1/2" wide by 5/8" chunk off the top of my fourth finger of my right hand. Ten days later it still ain' completely scabbed over. Dang that San Mai blade is factory sharp. Didn't even feel it till the salt from the porker started burning.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/20/13.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They do know how to put an edge on good steel.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And I'm voting for Tanner; bluritude of the year award. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I didn't bleed today while playing with the chain saw. Proud of that.

BD

Yup, no cuts today, but then I weren't playing with sharp objects.

I've had a Cold Steel Outdoorsman for well over 10 years. Love it cause the handle is long enough that I can use two hands and slice through the sternum on a deer and the blade is long enough to then clean out the entrails and remove the esophagus without having to reach all the way in with a short knife. Well I lost mine several months ago, so I got a deal on a new one as a replacement. Had not used it until Tuesday night a week ago.

I skinned out a little hog with my new Menefee Bose drop

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

fine and dandy. Then I removed the entrails. I'd severed the spine most way with my shot so that was cool.

Guess I've seen to many Cold Steel videos and got a little careless when removing the head from the carcass and all it took was the barest kiss of the blade.

[Linked Image]

Almost never cut myself, so I guess it was just Karma, couldn't have been that demon rum. Took out about a 1/2" wide by 5/8" chunk off the top of my fourth finger of my right hand. Ten days later it still ain' completely scabbed over. Dang that San Mai blade is factory sharp. Didn't even feel it till the salt from the porker started burning.

Best,

GWB

GWB

Some nice steel, Gdub.

You know they're sharp when you don't feel the cut!

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hunts,by the looks of them eyes, you're gonna lose an arm or testicle.

DD, that's the way most reds greet me when I get to their house.

Tanned, sweet pic man....

Mono, very cool pic indeed.

GWB, brad would be proud...

Them gingers have amazing umm, eyes, yeah that's it...

More please

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MojoHand
I've got a whole handful of Bark Rivers which I like a lot, but am paring down the herd. I'll be posting a bunch of stuff here in the Classys soon.

Probably would've stuck with the Barkies but a buddy got two Doziers and I was pretty impressed so decided to take the plunge.

Will have to learn to sharpen the micro bevel properly as I've gotten used to the convex grind of the Bark Rivers.

Mah [bleep]!!

IIRC, you have a rampless Gunny in the herd, with a Scandi grind?

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dave,

Why you gotta be a hater?

I used your alias in the airplane story, nobody knew I was talking about you.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Page 2,359 of 2,579 1 2 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 1badf350, 117LBS, 204guy, 1lessdog, 23 invisible), 2,177 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,794
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.