Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I didn't bleed today while playing with the chain saw. Proud of that.

BD

Yup, no cuts today, but then I weren't playing with sharp objects.

I've had a Cold Steel Outdoorsman for well over 10 years. Love it cause the handle is long enough that I can use two hands and slice through the sternum on a deer and the blade is long enough to then clean out the entrails and remove the esophagus without having to reach all the way in with a short knife. Well I lost mine several months ago, so I got a deal on a new one as a replacement. Had not used it until Tuesday night a week ago.

I skinned out a little hog with my new Menefee Bose drop

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

fine and dandy. Then I removed the entrails. I'd severed the spine most way with my shot so that was cool.

Guess I've seen to many Cold Steel videos and got a little careless when removing the head from the carcass and all it took was the barest kiss of the blade.

[Linked Image]

Almost never cut myself, so I guess it was just Karma, couldn't have been that demon rum. Took out about a 1/2" wide by 5/8" chunk off the top of my fourth finger of my right hand. Ten days later it still ain' completely scabbed over. Dang that San Mai blade is factory sharp. Didn't even feel it till the salt from the porker started burning.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/20/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.