Yeah. There was a 6 yr old kid just outside of Hue once that used that logic on me. He asked if I wanted his mother; "She numba 1 virgin GI!"

Tranlatin' ain't always successful, but they understood "Colt" well enough.

Speakin' of "Colt", there was a time in Saigon when US servicemen weren't 'sposed to be packin' in public. I didn't spend much time there, but when I did I packed under the flight suit top w/shoulder holster. Some boys that were assigned in and around Saigon had to take a different tack with it all. You see, it wasn't NVA or VC that were the big problem, it was what we called "Cowboys". Young dinks on mopeds that wanted your chitt and were particularly violent about getting to that point.

Well, there was an LT that decided he would pack a pen flare kit in one of the myriad of pockets found on flight suits, only this particular variety was not the garden variety bang 'n pop pen flare. No sir. It used a design similar to the old Gyro-Jet pistol, ie a spin stabilized 4 nozzle rocket in about .50 caliber. They didn't have a lot of punch up close but with a bit of a head start they were pretty damn impressive, make no mistake.

So one day the Cowboys descended upon his ass and a foot race began thru the narrow alleys of Saigon until he hit a dead end. One thing good about being tall like most GIs is that you have longer legs than the average SE Asian dwarf and run faster. Whilst running he was loading his pen flare. At the dead end of the alley he turned and launched, the fastest dwarf being about 10' from him.

Big spew of gas and some sparks, the rocket hit the kid center of mass in the chest. Between the thrust and spin stability it sort of stuck there spinnin' like an angry hornet spewing smoke and fire while the little chitt began screaming and dancing. His compadres stopped to watch and contemplate. Then the flare popped. The dwarf had some small fires to put out and his buddies said "phouc dis" and hauled their buns the other way. Disloyal phoucs, hey?

Crazy phoucin' GIs....don't ever underestimate the depth of their depravity!

Last edited by DigitalDan; 04/30/13.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain