Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DanAdair

Can't believe that [bleep] ran 80 yards. I knew I aced him. [bleep] non premium cup and cores mad This is what I get for shooting cheap bullets in a 308

Oh, did I mention he was within a 10th of a mile of the truck?

I'm just glad you shot something that isn't a pretend animal.

What was wrong with the bullets? What were they?

Travis

Firstly GFY!

Secondly, that was the same load I killed this [bleep] goat with back in '08
[Linked Image]

Speer 165 BTSPs seated around 2.810" over 45.4 grains of Varget, lot number 80108094681, in WW brass, with a Federal 210M. 2762 FPS Avg, with SDs in the single digits. No Moly, and nowhere NEAR the leade in the Kimber's SAAMI chamber. Even as old as that rifle is now, and the abuse it gets, it still aggs 3 round groups somewhere between MOA and half-MOA out to 400, which is all the farther I'd shoot an Elk with a 308 (dues to Scooters 19th hillbilly law of psysics stating that you need to arrive at the target going over 2200FPS to provide a good ballistic mushroom of death) It's also as far as I can accurately range animals with my stoneage method of using my LR duplex dots and animals back to brisket height

Mostly, I felt the need to bitch about my Bullet Failure, that passed completely through a dead animal... Because everytime people talk about bullet failures, and SHIiT DIED, I [bleep] laugh.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall