Travis: I flew the two seat T-A4 in the Training Command, sweet jet. When I got to the fleet the A-4 had been replaced by the A-7.

Dan: What you guys did over there is just beyond description when it comes to brass balls. I must say, night carrier landings NOBODY ever gets used to them. In fact, years ago they hooked up a bunch of aviators to record their breathing, heart rate, pucker etc and they found there was more pucker to them than to AAA. I find it hard to believe but one time we were flying off Falaka (sp?) and the Iraqis threw up some AAA. Most exciting thing I've EVER experienced. Didn't sleep for two days. Simply [bleep] awesome.

As for cat shots, I found them easy to get used to, basically you blinked, and you were airborne accelerating through 150KTS. Piece O' cake. [bleep], now I'm all depressed....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”