Originally Posted by deflave
Boxer,

Best blueprint for a "chunk"? 1 mile steel? A-5, Remmy long action would be starters. Where would one go from there?

BEST thread ever!

Travis

In a 700 L/A and thinking a repeater that's fun,it'd be a 7mmRemMag. Nice BC's at nice speed,with generous magbox latitude,from which to elicit a harmonious throat...all with veddy veddy modest recoil in exchange for the performance.

Arguement could be made,to opt a 40X mod on the L/A's nether regions and run a single shot 338 Ultra or similar(throated for the high BC 300's). It'd edge the .284's in raw performance,but ain't nearly as much fun to shoot,so wouldn't get used nearly as often. Have noticed a "trend" in which sumptin' what is oftener used,that it do induce copious "luck" in all equations. May as well go straight 1.350" bull,HEAVY fill and ADL inlet and stuff the mag cutout with epoxy slathered lead. All to soak recoil and to make it hang solid on terra firma. Purty easy to get such a build bow heavy and a leaded stock would be key in fending that balance issue.

A build of the ilk,though in s/a and a 223AI no less.

[Linked Image]

Because I've a 338 Ultra,I'd want another 7mm.(grin)

'tue,

Have oft thought of a 223AI on a S/S Seven.

Mebbe some day.

SLM,

As well as crossed-eyes,drooling maw,zero sense of direction,unemployment,lack of motor skills and a vivid [bleep] Imagination.

I'm wheels up on The Freedom Bird,forced to suffer another 2wks of vacation and am hoping I can fit in a BWT.(grin)