Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by ingwe
BGG, I see it as a good thing that they are showing nature the way it is, and it would be a good thing if kids watched it. The last two generations grew up in the sweetness and light of Disney productions, and have a REALLY screwed up view of how nature works...

I guess I wasn't clear. The catching and killing and eating of things, or the territorial fights, etc are not what I'm objecting to at all. What bothers me is the focus and the way they are presenting the material. It's very dark. The lions eating the cheetahs was particulary disturbing dude.

When I had young children in the house and they were all warm and fuzzy after watching " The Lion King" I made them watch a Nat. Geo. special on lions. The part where a new male kills the old pride leader, then hunts down and systematically kills every cub in the pride was disturbing....but I truly think kids need to know that end of it...it they are getting singing warthogs crammed down their throats, they should be getting a dose of truth too...

There's truth, and then there's an unnatural focus on the darker side of things. Giving the life cycle of lions and how a pride functions and why is all well and good. But when an inordinate percentage of the time is spent on freaky disturbing schit I think the balance is swayed to far the other way.

Alright, someone fess up and tell us who stole BGG's puter.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.