OK, confession time. Readin' this, I haven't laughed quite as much since Vung Tau. That's a little sea side resort the French liked a lot and upgraded during their stay in Nam.

I was sent there during the second tour to upgrade to instructor pilot in the OH6. The schedule was not flexible. I already was magna cum laude in whackin' folks and dodgin' bullets so I guess Uncle Sam wanted me to expand my horizons and spread the wealth.

The training was rigorous and the talent of the IP staff remarkable. Fella that taught me the craft was without a doubt one of two of the most technically proficient pilots I ever met, the other being an ex WW2 P38 jockey. Anyway, my guy was teaching me to do chitt that I'd never thought to try, like autorotations to touchdown on beach sand, low level 180* autos to touchdown and other tricky chitt like that.

We dined in the local economy and found other pleasures in abundance. Oriental massage and chitt like that. I had shrimp one night at an old open air French restaurant. The shrimp tasted a bit odd but a) I was drunk and b) figured it to be just the spices. WRONG!

So with no flexibility of schedule I was left to take a roll of TP on the flights to deal with my dose of dysentery. We'd do a couple of autos, I'd get out and crap on the runway...my IP friend bemoaning his lack of a camera. OH, the joy...

On night two of the experience it got really rough and I was playing musical thrones in the latrine. Apparently the Gods led me to a shrine for other kindred spirits, for on about the 3d trip I found the sanctuary of all chittin' buzzards. Outhouse script covered the walls. It was profoundly funny stuff. 1 AM and I'm groaning, spraying the porcelain, howling with laughter until I got to the point I was laughin' at my own predicament. Spent most of the rest of the night in that stall and never quit laugin'.

Next day I was better...until my buddy taught me to do a low level 360* auto initiated from 50' and 100 knots indicated. Dunno if it was the dysentery or fear, but I bailed and sprayed. LMAO while in progress...IP bud doin' the same.

Anyway, maybe you had to be there, I dunno. Difference between this BTE and Vung Tau? I ain't gettin' shot at or sittin' on the throne. LMAO here boys and girls..... laugh

Thanks....BTE and y'all GFY when ya get a chance!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain