[Linked Image]
Now that we got the obligatory slut outta da way, I'm tagged out for 2013. I now have to regulate myself to birds, coyotes and ice fishing till spring turkey. I hunted my balls off, and here is the fruit...My 2013 Montana mulie:
[Linked Image]
As I found him:
[Linked Image]

Only 20" wide, but heavy, old and has deep forks. I passed up one buck that was a little better the first morning, but hadn't seen [bleep] since. Plus with wolf tracks behind every damn deer track I came across, I was getting somewhat discouraged. Every gated logging road, every trail and the main road had these tracks in them. The snow was only two days old too. I didn't even want to leave my horse tied to trees, as I was afraid I would come back to a lead rope and part of a horse. I drove up the main road each day instead of riding somewhere and tying up. I should buy a non-res wolf tag and keep hunting, but I am whooped.
[Linked Image]
I'm not much of an ATV guy, but it sure beats chaining up the pickup every day to make it up the road, and I sure ain't going to pull my horse trailer up that ice mofo. I had to drag the buck about 400 yards downhill to the road, then a 3 mile walk back to the 6 wheeler. Easy drag...
[Linked Image]

Please don't chastise me, but I had a boner to kill a deer with my .204 Ruger and 45 grain Hornadys. The lungs were absolute soup and the bullet exited, though there was zero blood trail. He ran about 50 or so yards. This came out of his mouth where he died:
[Linked Image]
Ending obligatory slut pic:
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t292/inmanta/imagesCAQG6TRO.jpg[/img]