Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

How many shots does it usually take to hit a rock?

I don't know... Your the guy that put 6 football fields between you and that rock at fo'fitty.

But then I'd shot it before (in all fairness)

Holy schit.

Let's see. As I recall, you drove BGG and I to that spot, and asked if we could judge distance in the mountains. I believe I guessed 400, and BGG guessed 450. And the rock was at 450.

But that wasn't quite good enough for Mr. Mountain Man. He wanted to see if us dumb ol' flatlanders could connect. So in a strange sort of dick measuring contest, he challenges me to see if I can hit it with my 7-08. I tell him yes, I can hit it. Dan pushes the issue so out comes the rifle and I lay out prone over some deadfall. BGG spots and after my rifle barks BGG responds "center punched that bitch".

But that wasn't enough for Mr. Backcountry. So out comes BGG's 22-250. And BGG lays out prone and connects no less than three times as fast as he can run the bolt.

Well, that was enough for ol' Left Jab. So back into the truck as far as he was concerned. But we didn't think that was quite appropriate given the fact that he essentially challenged us to a shooting contest.

Out comes the infamous Kimber Montana in .308. Dan "slings up" into a loop sling (I had seen this routine before when he missed one antelope and tortured another one to death). Then the event went like this:

"Low"

"Huh?"

"Low"

"What the [bleep]?"

"Right"

"Are you schitting me?"

"No"

"High"

"[bleep]! What is wrong with this [bleep] thing today!"

"Hit, finally."

Now BGG being the man that he is, is having a hard time controlling his Sling Blade laugh this whole time (hugh-hugh-hugh-hugh-hugh). So after Dan Not Quite The Destroyer gets up, BGG decides to give the Montana a go. BGG connects with the little rifle repeatedly and hands it back to Mr. Plywood. "Nice rifle" he politely comments as he hands it back...

As the adage goes: "You can bullschit the fans, but not the players."

Travis

That's funny chit!

Good Morning All:

[Linked Image]