Ahhh.......

It's not always the diameter, length or velocity that is of utmost importance,

From where I sit that would be true. You can add primer, powder charge, BC, SD and a lot of other extraneous chitt. Problem is, if you tell someone you used a 7x57 and they know ANYTHING at all about hunting history they'll think of Rourke or Hemingway, or maybe Capstick or Bell. They will think you are cool, educated, courageous and a pipe puffing gentleman.

If you do it with a .270 or 7mm Mag they will think you're just an average Joe that overcame tall odds. In other words, you're just an average sort of fella that does 9-5 in some office with all the other suits.

If you do it with some obscure wildcat they will think you eccentric, albeit highly educated on the subject of ballistic gak.

Do it with an old black powder cartridge and you will be judged a dinosaur on one part, a historian as another part and perhaps possessed with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) on the third.

If on the other hand, you do it with a CB short they will think you're certifiably insane or worse.

All of the above is true of course, but only to the point of what others think. The difference here is that we KNOW all of this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. So help me Jaysus.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain