Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Dunno 'bout them boys, but I approve. I've a long time friend who not long ago (in scale of the universe) inquired as to who made good accurate rifles these days, so I told him Cooper and also suggested that Dakota made some nice stuff as well. I gave it little additional thought.

Went to visit him more recently and the insensitive phouc shows me his three Coopers and two Dakotas. Man, that hurt.

What really hurt was he had inquired about reloading and having given some advise on that he had thrown himself off Earth's edge and stocked up, mostly doing in a few weeks what I had accomplished in 30+ years of the past time.

Then we went to the range. Because I had "mentioned" Leupold all of his guns sport Leupold glass. Them phoucers owe me....Then he lays his gottdam Cooper .308 on the bags and one holes three shots at 200 yards.

He says his .223's (one each manf.) shoot just as good. Next time I see him I'm gonna mention something called "AI" just to see where he goes with that.

Phouc. Just phouc. Phoucin' phoucers owe me...

grin grin grin
DD,you should have told him Savage rifles and BSA scopes. shocked grin

Funny you say that. I did mention Savages and he bought one of those too, a .223 plain jane SS. Leupold glass and it runs sub MOA with his loads. He got bored then and went to the dark side.

I am always gonna not ever recommend BSA scopes to anyone I like. Not even as a joke.
I never used BSA,are they that bad? Weaver is as "cheap" as I'll go.

Dang,next time tell him to buy a Holland & Holland .500 NE.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken