Originally Posted by jimy
I moved to Odessa Texas in 1980, didn't take long to find the Black hat saloon on Grandview. I walked my cocky ass in got a beer and a seat in the corner, it didn't take long for a bunch of cowboy wannabes to show up and start asking about the super glide outside with the PA plates of it, well no one else was quick to pop up so I nodded that I'd be that guy.
Well after I'd heard another half a beer full of Yankee jokes, I mentioned that us Yankees never had our asses handed to us by a handful of Mexicans, well like the joke goes, that's when the fight started, hell I hadn't been in Texas 3 days and I had already made friends with the natives!

I'm glad chicks dig scars, cause I got a couple new ones that day, and quick tip about Alamo jokes.

After that every day I walked in there, I got a beer, played CDB "Long haired country boy" on the juke box and sat in the corner....alone

Jimy,

this one's fer you.

This will date me, but I can remember around 1973 or '74 when DAC would play the Dean Goss Dinner theater in Houston.

He billed himself as the Mysterious Rhinestone Cowboy.

IIRC
His schtick was that he would do a couple sets, get pretty drunk sing this song and then pick out some guy in the audience,usually one with a hot chick, then go out and cold cock him, then run out and jump in a Corvette and take off.
and you prolly heard the one about the Texan, the Messican and the Raghead sitting in a saloon in Texas. They are drinking tequila shots. After a few rounds, their blood is getting up. The Mex jumps up, tosses his glass up in the air, pulls a machete and shatters the shot glass with one swipe. He yells "Viva Mexico" and sez, after he sits down, "we got so many glasses in Mexico, we don't have to drink out of them twice.

A couple rounds later, the raghead does pretty much the same. Jumps up, tosses his shot glass in the air and pulls an AK out of his robes and lets off a burst. Shatters the glass. He sits down and exclaims, we got so much sand in the desert, we make all the glases we want. Don't have to drink out of them twice.

Well a couple more rounds and the Texan stands up, pulls the two pearl handled Colts out of his rig and shoots both the Mex and the Raghead. Blows the smoke from each barrel and laconically remarks. We got so damn many ragheads and Mex's in Texas, we don't have to drink with them twice.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/15/14.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.