Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by deflave
BD,

What do you mean as a controller?

You were part of all that?

Travis

Yep. I have a long history in the aviation bidness with many curious turns.

After my army days I bought and restored a boat or two, lived on them in the process. Treasure diving one summer then I started shopping for jobs. Went with the FAA as an enroute ATC puke at Miami Center for about 3 years then landed a corporate flying job. That was cool while it lasted...3 August '81 Ronnie Rayguns fired the striking controllers and they called me up and said they had a few openings.

Well, my flying job was phuoced, being low priority for IFR flight reservations. Turned in the plane and went back to Miami. Gawd, how I loathe that city. Lasted a few years in the 'hood then moved to Key Largo. I worked radar on the central and south Florida east coast and Atlantic Routes, and non-radar east into oceanic airspace and the northern Bahamas. During that time my area of specialization was charged with airspace protection for the Kennedy Space Center for all missile launches and training. We worked the traffic between airports in the short version, sequenced arrivals for the terminals and provided approach services (radar) for Vero Beach, Ft. Pierce and Patrick Approach airspace during the midnight shift.

Transferred to Jacksonville Center in '95, working the overland airspace north of the Tampa/Orlando line up to about 150 miles south of Atlanta. That particular chunk of airspace was insane, every day of the year. My personal best was 57 airplanes in a high altitude 6 minute sector we called Lake City High at the same time. Arrivals, departures and overflights all in one neat little bag. I still wonder how I got thru that without a pair of Deltas swapping paint. Sups wondered too.

I asked the Flow Control manager how many pounds of sugar he thought he could stuff into a 2# bag...I thought he was gonna cloud up and cry. Phuocin' suits.....

Anyway, pilot (fixed wing, rotary wing, ATP, Commercial, jets/props/choppers), accident investigator, ATC puke...a long 30+ years punctuated with occasional moments of boredom.

Wish I had my minigun back....

BD

Cool schit BD.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house