I would celebrate too. A lot.

When I was a kid in school on Guam we had this delightful mix of kids and cultures in attendance from the Trust Territory. It was not a recipe for harmony. More like the West Side Story truth be known. Some of the local villages had enough presence to form gangs and their preferred tool was the butterfly knife, or what is now called the Bali-dong.

Problem was their planning and implementation skills were a bit short of effective. They would typically strike by sending a sacrificial drone after someone and then the festivities began. While milling around just before school started was a popular time for them.

So one day the party starts, the brawl spills out from under the covered staging area to the parking lot by the adjacent gym. One of the boys from Dededo (not a typo) pulls his foot long Bali-dong and everyone fell back in awe.

There was this little squirrel from Palau, a good squirrel all things considered, who had schemed well. He was on the gym roof with a cinder block. It hit 'foot long dong' kinda on the right shoulder with glancing impact to the back of his head and neck. One if those 'placement is everything' types I reckon. Never saw either one if them again, but it quashed the rumble theory for a few weeks.

Not long after that one if the locals brought a pistol to school. He shot himself in the thigh whilst showing it to his buddies, and their love for the Bali-dong resumed.

Good times....

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain