So I stopped at the local shootin shop this afternoon and looked at some AR's.

I liked a RRA they had. Flat top, no sights, A2 stock. The SS 20"bbl was a little heavy. If that bbl was a little slimmer it'd be real nice. As it were, it hung a little heavy at the front. Trigger was not bad. All in all, a nice weapon that just weighed alittle to much out front for me to get overly excited about. Thinking I could lop a couple inches off to improve balance.

They had a R-15. Nice and light, good trigger but no chrome lined bore/chamber. Other than that it was pretty much there.

Sumptin in between the two would be perfect.

Everything else was folding/flip-up/soldier of Fortune style with little carbine barrels and tactical flash supressors the nice fella behind the counter told me were good for breaching doors?

I don't wannna breach doors.

The frosting on the cake came when he explained the 5.56 won't penetrate a big game animal, and here in Washington, The law says it has to fully penetrate to leave a blood trail.

Surprisingly enough, he explained, FMJ 5.56 ammo would kill game up to maybe a pig while a 7.62 FMJ would not. The 7.62 needs "ballistic type" bullets to be effective.

I told him about this website, said he had to log on as there was a guy that goes by "Boxer" that needed a talkin' to.

I figger if he logs on all-y'all owe me one.

Any who, I'm torn 'tween going back for more lessons on tactical footwear and coordinating that with Affliction brand T-shirts stole off the back of some guys little brother, or taking my chances at another brick and mortar.

Maybe I'll go back and have him expound on the finer points of a goatee and bedazzeled jeans to simultaneousley both woo the ladies and strike fear into the hearts of middle school children.

Choices.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”