Only place in Florida where there are take restrictions on hogs is the WMA's. Elsewhere, no season, no tags, no limit 'cept your tolerance for cleanin' the phoucin' things.

I hooked up with the Florida Dept of Enviro Protection about 5 years back and have my own patch of about 1,600 acres to root around in. All I get to kill is pigs, but they phouc alot so there's no runnin' out. They only let me use rimfires.

I dunno they would be that general if I started using a Swiss .43 Vetterli that a friend has. Bottle necked big bore RF...big boom. Anyway, I don't have a .17 and no need to use the WMR as far as I can tell. Saving that for Zombies.

The Vetterli case next to a LR:
[Linked Image]

Uses a pickle fork firing pin.

[Linked Image]

Now and then I kill something else. Like armadillos. I've run over a couple of them. I never had an urge to eat one of those damn things but the buzzards seem to like them. That's the story I'm stickin' to anyway. Barbarians don't have to eat Armadillo don't ya know.

There's other places more civilized to hunt pigs, like Missouri. Only restriction they have is if you kill it, take it home. No license, no nothing. Kill 'em all, state or private land.

BD

Last edited by DigitalDan; 12/03/12.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain