Dad was deathly allergic to bee and wasp stings. I am immune. I find them somewhat more annoying that 'skeeters and slap them firmly when they land on me.

Was taking off on a training flight one day at Ft. Rucker and the wind vent on the H-13 was open due to the balmy Alabama weather. Great big assed Hornet bounced off the wing vent and went down the front of my flight suit.

My student got all excited and tried to...I dunno what he thought he was doing, but he was sort of like swatting at my flight suit. Maybe he thought since I was flying and we were close to the ground he was in charge of hornet swatting? I dunno.

I sorta quick like propped the collective (power/rpm) with my left knee, grabbed the cyclic (control stick) in my left hand and punched him up side the helmet smartly and told him "At Ease!" over the intercom.

Upzipped my suit, the hornet buzzed out and I turned the stick over to God for a moment whilst squashing the chitt out of the hornet with both hands. Out the window with the carcass, and on with the mission.

I don't know if that kid survived the war or not. He didn't seem to have the right disposition for it.

There is no defense better than a solid offense. BE OFFENSIVE!

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain