Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by Hutch
Hell I was preaching to the choir.Just built a 25 WSM and I need to try some different components,but can't find any.How's the 6.5 WSM doing?

I picked this up used on a whim a couple months ago.

[Linked Image]

Supposedly smithed by Bo Clerke of Colorado, a blueprinted Winchester CRF action, Broughton Barrel crowned at 25.5", Bansner Stock. It came with about 75 rounds of 140 gr. Hornady SST's over 64 gr. IMR 7828 SSC. IIRC I chrono'd them about +/- 3,180 fps. I've misplaced the targets or I'd post them. Rifle shot these around an inch at 100. However, to my way of thinking, the SST's at that velocity are somewhat more frangible than I like. I usually shoot 130 gr. accubond in all my 6.5's. I had some Sierra Spitzers in 140 gr., but no Accubonds, my bullet of choice in most calibers. I shot two different range sessions with two different powders and the Sierras...........

[Linked Image]

The third heaviest load density of the 4 using H-1000 was most accurate of the day in this case.

[Linked Image]

The light load of 64.5 gr. of MagPro was the best of the three load densities in this group.

Then I came down with some kind of crud. I get sick about once every fifteen years or so. This one made up for lost time. Conseqently I got distracted and have not been to the range in about 3 weeks. I did get some 140 gr. Accubonds in today. I'll probably load some up later tonight and go either in the AM or one morning this weekend to see how they do.

Best,

GWB

Gdub, buddy-

Thinking those groups would tighten up with less beer... laugh

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...