Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Dan,just loaded some IMR 7828 in the 7x57 and seated the bullets out to 3.330" and get this THEY STILL CHAMBER AND EJECT WITH NO PROBLEMS! Tomorrow I WILL WATCH the chrono very CAREFULLY! If these do not shoot well,I will go to H-4831SC.

Luck with that, lookin' for a report. 3.33" makes me grin. Loaded the .300 Roy at 3.6" as I recall. Guessin' that Mouser round looks like a torpedo is hangin' out the front end? YES!

There was a thread here a few days ago about running the 7 at "modern" pressure levels, don't know if you saw that. Most published data for the round peaks around 40-45 kpsi. Mild...lots of wiggle room there. My guess is that a powder a wee bit faster than RL22 will do well, if only because the case capacity is limited. Regardless, that load you already ran is a good reference and will whack most anything, here or in Africa.
Well it is a .30-06 length magazine(3.340") so it's gonna be an Ingwe inspired Mauser and use 175's. Bought 200 more yesterday and now just dump powder in and shoot. laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken