Originally Posted by SSB
Originally Posted by MojoHand
SSB,

Reminds me of my buddy who decided he needed a S&W Airlite .44 for 'protection' against bears whilst backpacking. While better than nuthin', I suppose, you must realize this guy doesn't shoot at all! Yet expects to be able to down a bear in the heat of the moment...

At least I can get away while the bear is eating him... whistle

This is also the friend who ignored my advise and took counsel of another to buy a .300 WBY as his first elk rifle ("but it's got good ballistics"). That was five years ago and he hasn't even put 20 rounds down the tube. Went hunting with me 2 years ago and just bought a new box of ammo that he never sighted in. He said they should be 'close'!

I've almost convinced him to let me trip the rifle and buy him something more practical...probably a .308 or so, which I would develop loads for, shoot all the time and then let him 'borrow' for hunting season. laugh

Getting the 'Bee away from him and getting him into something civil we be the biggest favor you could do for him if he's a non shooter. On the other hand...there is the entertainment value....

Do you really like this guy?

Funny thing is, he's a good friend but not really a shooting guy. I have another friend who I mostly shoot with but Brian (WBY guy) is the only friend who I can ever get to go BG hunting with me (if our schedules work out). Guess I need more/better friends. smile

If I take him elk hunting, I carry my .375 BERNIE or 9.3 so I can quickly anchor his gut shot elk! laugh

I told him from the get go to get a .308 or (shhh! even a .270!) b/c I figured even a .30/06 might prove too much for such an infrequent shooter. But because I was an inexperienced elk hunter, I was deemed unfit for such advice. cool

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...