Originally Posted by wageslave
Or bone machine.

You "free love" era [bleep] got all the action.
I was too young, so I was watching..........

and beating off, by the railroad tracks.
Good times. Thanks, dub

Well Slave,
you went and done it already..........

Speaking of railroad tracks, here's a story from that trip....

It�s been 40 something years, and my memory, like most of my parts, ain�t what it used to be. Back then every day was a trip, one way or the other. IIRC we had got word of an art exhibit at �Cardiff by the Sea�. One of my buds knew someone and got us an invitation. Turned out to be a bunch of high brow rich oldsters. Those rich bitches with their George Hamilton wannabe dates weren't interesed in long haired surfer dudes from Texas (with no money). Bummer.

While there though somebody told us about this place called �Trestles�. Not to be confused with the beach break, Trestles. It seems that you had a group of folk that would go to this particular spot where there was a train trestle. Usually folk would be there from dark till dawn. It featured concrete bunkers just big enough that you could fold yourself into along either side of the rails. Mind you these bunkers were five foot or less from the rail. Your head would be on a level with the rail after you climbed in and were looking out.

The Trestle �freaks� knew the schedule of all the trains. There would be hard core locals and of course, crazies like myself and my buds that were looking for a rush. And chicks. Everybody would get stoned on their medium of choice. LSD, or mushrooms were the best from a �mind-[bleep]� POV. When the trains got near you climbed into the bunker and rode it out. Freights were the best �cause they were longer than passenger trains. Don� t really know how fast the freights went but it seemed they were screaming at the time. The noise and motion, sparks and rocks flying and the enhanced reality were kick-azz as I recall. And if you really had cajones, you rode the �rail� (There was a chest high guard rail that spanned the trestle a fellow could straddle).

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 09/19/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.