Good morning BTE.

Should post this on handguns, but I find myself here more that not. Also, the faithful members of the BTE have shown great love and appreciation for my targets.

I've been wanting to try out some hardcast heavies in my .357s, and just the other day picked some up off the classifieds here. They are Cast Performance, 180 grain gas checked LBT style mutherphukers. I'm kinda liking them. I shot 2 sample loads side by side with my pet load of 180gr Rem SJHP's for comparison. I'm no pistolero, so there were a flier or 2. The pet load is consistanty very very tight in both weapons. Looks like I'll be going with the 13.5 grain load. I've no idea on speed. The recoil in the Marlin is negligible as always, and there was a noticeable difference in snappiness betwixt the 13 and 13.5 loads in the 586, but not bad, not bad at all. It was a full cylinder (6) of each load with the 586 (4") and 4 shots each with the Marlin (3 with the pet load). It wasn't really a great test with the rifle, as the batteries are dying in the red-dot, so I shot, turned off. Work the lever, turn on shoot. Repeat.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

MAGA