The question was asked, what is the velocity difference between the standard and the AI in the 223. To this point, no one, including myself, has answered the question with anything more than conjecture (myself) or bombastic BS (boxer).
I call my own statement conjecture because I have not actually taken the time nor expended the effort to perform a legitimate scientific test with the 223 AI. I have done so with other "improved" cartridges but not the 223. I will, in the near future, rectify this.
I refer to Boxer's statements as BS because they seem to be exactly that.
My intial plan was to simply work up to maximum in my 223 then rechamber and check the increase. There are a couple of problems with this. The first problem is that I hate to wreck a perfectly good 223 barrel so I don't really want to rechamber my 223. I have a few old take-off barrels but they are short BR barrels and I figure we should use at least a 24 inch barrel.
There are options but I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money on this project. Also, my spare time is in short supply so this will probably take a few weeks. GD