Was out working a wood project this morning, playing with tools far sharper than they oughta be. blush Only leaked red a couple of times. When it's done it will look something like this, only about twice as long:

[Linked Image]

Now you're thinkin', WTF does this have to do with .223 AI's? confused
My neighbor came over to check it out and after a minute asked if I wanted to go shootin'. cool He has access to a short private range about a mile down the road. I grabbed a M1 Carbine, box of factory stuff and the muffs. wink

Worked it offhand, put a dozen or so into a hand sized group at about 35 yards, banged the spinners a half dozen times and handed it off to the neighbor and his buddy. Buddy loaded a mag, emptied it and didn't hit squat. grin He didn't like the sights. frown The neighbor somehow did some things I never imagined possible. Forgot about the safety, tried to slow cycle the bolt and stove piped it. Got that squared away, bang-jam, fixed, bang,bang-jam. Got frustrated. crazy I've run several hundred rounds thru the gun and it never jammed on me. I suppose he may not have been pushing the rounds all the way to the rear when he loaded the mag. Didn't understand you're 'sposed to just let the bolt slam forward when charging it the first time. He gave it back to me. Bang-clang, bang-clang, bang-clang. grin

I have a hard time understanding how any grown man in this era can not know how to operate a combat rifle. Geesh...

Hope the owner don't get pizzed about the holes in his spinners. smile

Carbine Williams is one of my heroes. People can pizz and moan about the .30 Carbine round all they want, but if one understands what it can and cannot do, and how to use it to best advantage, the M1 is a dandy knock about that kills chitt deader'n a stump. Helluva truck rifle...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Marshall_Williams

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain