Gruff, metric is OK, it won't hurt you. It's just another way of stating linear measure. Sort of like calling a redhead "ginger". Besides, I gots 10 toes and close to 10 fingers so it makes sense to me. Not having all of my digits in full measure ain't bad either 'cause it lets me count in fractions.

So I have metrics, and 'Merican measure and 1/4 bores. I have some half bores too. I go three ways I guess.

Poobah, don't say it.....

Corn story: One of my friends is building his second retirement home on a lake in central Florida, 28 acres +/-. He got the pole barn up and running along with the really nice apartment which allows overnights etc. He planted a one acre garden. First crops were purple hull peas, melons and corn.

Him and the missus have harvested a bunch of peas and some melons. He was bragging about his corn last time I was there and it looked like a righteous crop too, 'bout a half acre. Then the coons showed up. Took them 3 nights to lay complete waste upon the corn. 100%. He was a FAC over in 'Nam so I'm expecting a multi-pronged problem solving solution. He is also a Coonass and thinks coon if fine eating.

They didn't eat the peas or melons. Go figure.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain