8 bore story:

I'm gonna call the perp Mr. 8 Bore, or 8's for short. He has shot all of the cartridges in the photo above FWIW and out of proper SxS DGR guns rather than serf guns or singles.

8's had worked the 100 yard line with the 8 bore and the gun was remarkable well behaved in all regards, regulating with a 2-3" spread around POA. Don't know if it was the same day or not but 8's decides somewhere along the line to load up and punch the target with a heavy jab.

Now he's left handed and not all such guns are built that way. The fly in the ointment is trigger geometry.

So the gun roars twice, in very close sequence and 8's is standing there dazed with no gun in his mitts. He told me "My shoulder hurt, my arm hurt all the way to the elbow. My face hurt." The gun was laying on the ground behind him.

Now I don't know his buddy really had the big picture on this, but he rushed up to check on him and after a sec said "I can see the impression of the safety on your face!"

Ouch.

In other news, I want you all to meet Ammo. He's an excellent quail hunter. 5 years old and a two time cancer survivor. He's been in and out of my truck 6 times, just 'cause the door was open. I'm not sure if he's gay or not.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain