Originally Posted by Boxer
Originally Posted by UncleJake
Dental implant for upper front incisor (moral of that long story: kids, ALWAYS wear your mouth guard when playing hockey). Not fun, not cheap.

Back to the boots, those spikes are big! I've long appreciated carbide studs on my felts, as they are like having 4Low when wading in rocks, especially if they have moss on them. Any problems with those being too big? I would be worried about skating around on them.... though on logs I am sure they are bomber!

I have high arches, and I have to wear insoles with everything. I have given up on the marketed "hiking style wading boot", as they are good way to get hurt either hiking or wading.

I am interested in particular in how you put the spikes on the Xtra Toughs. Where do get the spikes from? Do they rivet in, or screw in? And re-reading it, "corks"= spikes, correct? I am going to do some internet searching...

Thanks

Redwoods are THE ticket for many things,but rock crawling streamside footwear,isn't their longsuit(they haven't the heat treat,nor profile to weather such storms). You want carbide corks.

My arches are very tall too and my hoof goodly wide,thus the propensity to have custom lasts on hand with numerous Makers. Tough to beat Hoffman Boots for one stop Corktitude. They've yet to decline installing corks on anything I've sent their way and typically have a wide selection ready to roll,which largely runs the gamut. Link should take you to the XtraTuff channel and you can surf within,from there. Good folks and fast/friendly service...I've spent $10K+ there.

It's been many moons since I've suffered non-replaceable corks,which is a good thing. Most affix ala golf spikes,with a dedicated overshot wrench and I typically break the T-handle off and drive the wrench in a drill. Have swapped out 1000's of 'em.

"Corks" = corks(caulks) and nuttin' else can begin to hang. You'll be spoiled on the first outing and will [bleep] HATE everything else.

Hint.

GreatWapoozy,

I musta missed it?!!? What were your 223AI(s) "particulars" again? Please feel free to use your Imagination,so as to Pretend as much as you dare.

Laffin'!

Jeff-O,

Fairly [bleep] amazing,in that no matter the Threads which are based on Reality,you've uncanny "ability" to bolster dismal "results"...while talking about all the things you nearly did,with all the wares you nearly had and from all the places you've never been.

Your perpetual dumbphucktitude is offa the [bleep] charts and that which you think is "something",is comedy of the century.

Wow +P.

I guess you haven't heard that joke <g>...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!