Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Originally Posted by huntsman22
double-dog dare ya..

+1!

And that goes for all you older guys...

Put up your pics of the swinging days! laugh

My anthem back then.........

I didn�t take many pix back then and very few pictures that I did take have survived from that era. I�m sure my mother has a bunch.

There was something in the air back then. You can still feel it in the music. Late at night at the deer lease or when I�m alone I still play stuff from back then and it still gives me a rush, Cream, Traffic, Blind Faith, Foghat,Trapeeze, Vanilla Fudge, Allman Bros. Humble Pie, Guess Who, GFR, Fevertree (Three dog night to you youngsters), CSN, Mountain, James Gang Jimi, CCR, Led Zeplin.
Its amazing how many young folk get into some of the old tunes.

Kinda funny/hokey now. These two are from somewhere between 1969 and 1971.

[Linked Image]

In one my next youngest brother is on your left and I�m behind the glass on the right.
In the other photo, I�m with my grandparents and the twins who were 10 years younger than I.
There were six kids in our family. When the twins were born in �61 we moved to a two story house.
Over a period of time I being the oldest and the next two brothers moved upstairs. By 1970 my parents were calling it �no man�s land�. The three younger kids were not (under the penalty of death) allowed upstairs. At one point I think one of my girlfriends and two other guys were living upstairs with us. I used to keep an extension ladder to my upstairs window so I could sneak chicks in and out. It was tough negotiating that ladder in certain stages of �enlightenment�. LOL

Here is one more that I found that was taken in conjunction with the tale that follows. It was taken previous to my discovery of the source of the waterfall. Somewhere between Mexico City and San Blas Mexico, circa 1971..

[Linked Image]

I got started surfing in 1966. I graduated high school in 1969. If you didn�t have a high lottery number or a deferment you were on your way to �Nam as a ground pounder. Luckily my number didn�t come up. Mean time I stayed in school and majored in �.. well let�s just say it was not academics. In the spring semester of 1971 my younger brother and I took off in February in the middle of the semester for San Blas Mexico. I�d just received a letter from a friend who was there. He said the waves were bitchin�, to bring lots of acid and plenty of papers. Seems they were having to roll their reefers in Gideon�s bible pages. We took off with two other guys. Well we were about 20 hours into the trip, somewhere between Houston Texas and San Blas, in Mexico. We were in a mid -sixties model Ford Falcon, and no A/C. We had decided to drive straight through so as to get there as soon as possible. IIRC there was a particularly good swell and the mile long wave was working at �Big Stoners� point. Well four guys in a Falcon sweating in tropical heat gets pretty aromatic. We see this beautiful pristine waterfall in the far distance.

[Linked Image]
A digital image of a picture I took in 1971 or thereabouts. One of the few survivors from that time-period.

Were we stoked. The middle of the jungle, mountains all around. Bromeliads growing off every tree. It looked like the garden of Eden to us. Well we travel for seemed like an interminable length of time and there it is just around the next bend. We pull up on the side of the road, get out, run through the jungle shucking our clothes. What a rush. In the middle of the jungle and a waterfall like something you�d see out of a Tarzan movie or a south sea adventure. I�d not been surprised if Maureen O�Sullivan and Cheetah had stepped out. So we bathe in the waterfall. Were we jazzed. Cooled off and refreshed we got dressed and back in the car. About a mile up the road we enter a village located on each side of a stream that ran down the mountain to the waterfall where we had just performed our ablutions. Stick huts, thatched roofs . Serapes for door closures. Pigs, chickens and stuff wondering in an out. Next thing we notice is folks dumping their trash and sewage and whatnot into this stream that led to where we had just bathed. Bummer,

I guess we do all live downstream. We had a good laugh at ourselves for being such dumbasses. Here we thought we were in Nirvana, turns out we were bathing in a sewer.

And as to hooking up,

a little wine, a little smoke, oh yeah!

Best,
GWB

Great story, as per usual, Gdub!

And, yes, you guys had the greatest music of all time.

Though not of my era, I still dig it and can't stand nearly all of post 70's music, with few exceptions. Theres a reason they call it 'classic rock'!

(And I even came into late in life, but that's another story)

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...