Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
I leaning hard toward putting together a fast twisted .243AI for my next tinkering. You and I discussed that very thing here a couple of years ago I just haven't pulled all of it together yet.
What is your "go-to" bullet for the .243AI?

I hear good things and a platform that will stabilize/kiss/mag feed the 105'Max will literally do it all and then some.

A handy/dandy 243AI will slap alotta schit silly and easily.

'flave,

My tastes are simplistic and I do not Rock a High Zoot Road Trippin' BBQ,if only because I remain a fan of fire and like the way it carries,far better.

If only to keep the 223AI Theme. Modest blades is my style however.

[Linked Image]

As to the M&P,I personally prefer it in the Phase Four guise,as to Phase One.

[Linked Image]

More better.

[Linked Image]

I hear good things about 'em on steaks too.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Though in fairness...I hear lotsa good things,about lotsa good things.

'CUBIC,

I've cracked some LW's too,but find it impossible to abort their scope clamping surface area,(4) fasteners per cap and much added latitude in ring spacing/scope placement.

Tanner,

I thought farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more highly of the Swift,prior to the LRF and increased .224" BC's. Now a 21" 223AI 1-8" will kick the [bleep] outta a 14" Swift and with greater Precision. Win/win.

Blued/Walnut never did anything for me,regardless of chambering...though admittedly,there ain't too many chamberings I've not schlepped so configured. Static POA/POI intersections,do not take long to warm up to and is where the rubber meets the road(that'll horn Shefire up).

A fast twist 22-250AI will do some rather incredible things,if one is of the mindset to use a .473" donor in .224". Fact is,it has no peer.

'Finn,

Waltzed through all of my waders the R&R prior and simply decided to roll Retro. Bein' tough comes in handy,for a multitude of scenarios Mother Nature will throw at a guy.

Mid 30's ambient temps,snowmelt fueled systems,screaming winds,driving rains and hail storms,work far better than coffee for keeping one bright-eyed during the lonngggg days of Spring.

Helps to pinpoint focus.(grin)

DW,

Go 1-8" 21" in an ADL Pocket Rocket and thank me later.

BBerg,

Could...but it's far [bleep] funnier to fuel Do-Nothing Gang Imaginations and let 'em Pretend to have a [bleep] clue.

Note how they have long been sidestepping particulars,yet further and further.(grin) Though poor [bleep] dumb 'Cub,[bleep] NEARLY had one barkin'.

Laffin'!