There was a time -sigh- Now most of the hotties just think I'm a deranged ol' fart...'cept once in awhile one will pause and see past the charade, maybe wink and all that other chitt that makes me heart melt...just like the ol' days.

On topic of "the other white meat"....any of y'all recall back in the day on the AR site when a crat thread in the Small Game Forum got hijacked and ran a lot like this one? Finally the Arab corksucker that owns the site got all offended and shut it down. Sad day...laughed until I hurt while it rolled.

Here's a story that made a post there, maybe you'll get a giggle out of it?

CAT BURGLER

Almost got in trouble today. Came back from trap shooting and decided to do some barbeque on such a nice day. Backed up the truck to the backyard to offload a full propane tank for the barbeque. Had the grill going and had just put the steaks on the grill when I needed to go into the house for some more barbeque sauce. Came right back out and saw a big old tom cat just clamping his jaws down on one of my steaks on the edge of the grill. Dropped the bottle of sauce to take the few steps to the pickup truck to fetch the Citori. Still had a shell in my pocket and put that into the lower barrel. The cat had jumped down from the grill and was trying to haul 8 oz of fine beef away. The Citori closed with the familiar click and the rest was well practiced fluid motion as I put a load of 8's into the center of the tom cat. Got him just before he made the fence. It all happened so fast I had not noticed the neighbor was out in his back yard. I just stood there as the neighbor headed into the house. I continued to stand there until the sheriff deputies arrived. One took the Citori out of my hand as the other was asking just what had happened. I mechanically told him of the events as the other deputy inspected the dead cat. He came back with the mauled steak held high. The first deputy then asked me if I had anything to say for myself and I replied, "How do you want your steaks cooked." He said "Both medium rare, and are those beers cold?". The neighbor went back into his house when he realized the investigation had just ended with no charges filed.

And another:

CATS IN CARS

It has been unseasonably warm here. I was heading home from coyote hunting yesterday. Stopped in traffic for red light. Glanced to my left and noticed a guy holding a large cat in his lap and had one also on his dash. I have seen people with dogs (poodles) sitting in their laps while they drive, but not cats. And I have never seen an animal on the dash. Strange fellow was sort of effeminent. He noted me looking his way and started to smile but probably noticed my camo clothing when he decided to mouth "f---- you". I had done nothing to justify that so I reached down an got my dying rabbit call and blew it for all its worth. As I drove away he was still at the light trying to disentangle himself from two very startled cats.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain