Originally Posted by Boxer

'flave,

Last I counted,I didn't have much over a dozen 10/22's. Build configurations run the gamut and there ain't too many itches I haven't scratched. 'Bucket is still down,for whatever reason...and I had a Fox pose for you yesterday evening.

Anywhoo...under the assumption of a great stock,my marked preference is the ubiquitous float action and neutral FL bedded barrel approach. Nice when flutes index to preclude mechanical lock in bedding,but extractor timing trumps all in that regard and is the best first pitch. No thang to use an oil based modeling clay to "round" the flute's profile and bed in that manner. Then simply remove clay and rest assured that the barrel's circumference is doing all the work and there's no potential for harmonic weirdness or mechanical lock,due to a flute being outta time or outta concentricity in regards to being parallel to the bore's line.

While I suffer a few S/S AMT's(with and without the OEM recoil "lug" pin protrusion),I prefer Bill's version of his own receiver. Even on a robust S/S receiver such as an AMT,I prefer to float the action and bed the barrel.

Have tried most the "go fast" parts and am really not into that schit. I like to massage my own triggers and put my own over travel stops in same and have more than a few real [bleep] Zingers. I could give a [bleep] about a Buck Roger's mag or bolt release,doodads and fluff ain't my gig.

The key to 10/22 Happiness is extractor timing,a toothpick,starting fluid and a mounting system that has cross-slots,if the ring/base are separate pieces. Don't put anything in the bore other than boolits,don't yard schit outta the stock more than requisite and simply feed it ammo in accords to it's preferences.

I hear good things,about the fun associated with a good 10/22.

BEST THREAD EVER!

Thanks Boxer, and a big GFY to you as well!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house