Dang,next time tell him to buy a Holland & Holland .500 NE.

Yeah, I was asleep at the switch on that and I forgot to have him put me in his will. Et up with the dumass that day I was.

I have a number of Weavers, all steel tube versions (refurbished) with one exception and mostly of the K2.5 variety. Tough stuff for the workin' fella. Otherwise, and this years ago, my first Burris was stolen along with the Mod 88 Winchester not long after I killed my first deer with it. The second Burris was a freakin' train wreck. Picked up a Nikon 2x7 for a 9422M a couple decades back and had no complaints, but otherwise it's been Leupold all the way. Might have ventured into some of the Euro brands if I was well heeled, but I'm a long ways from being THAT well heeled. Seein' prices for a Chitt-Bender could get me a Cooper or close to it, probably not destined to happen in this life. Swarovski makes some good glass, but holy mother of pearl, they do want a pretty penny for their product. It's just a sight...not a wife. Wait....on second thought..... shocked

So maybe BSA/Tasco and a few others are OK-fine but I'm still not gonna drink that Kool-aid. Not in this life.

Just to show you how consistent I am with all of this, two of my favorite sights are Millet SP-1 red dots. Works on a .22 short shooter and a 77/44 SS. Sub MOLTG* precision there. Painfully expensive at ~$75.00 on sale at Natchez and elsewhere. Dead nuts reliable and tougher than an oak stump. My newest battery is 3 years old.

BD

* In case you missed it back about 200 pages ago: MOLTG = Minute of Light The Grill

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain