Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

I dunno. Try "God Bless" with them, they may not be ready for GFY.

Sounds like you're thinking about launching torpedoes? 9" twist, mebbe some 200+ grain VLDs? They'll over penetrate on dogs. Want to see vids when you can.

Thanks Dan. But somebody else already answered my question.

I'm thinking fast twist and 215gr Bergers. Until I read they won't use my stock. I wonder if they'll build just a barreled action for me?

Travis

Yeah, slow on the trigger with that. Truthfully, I don't know what they will or won't do. From the beginning they built single shot bolt guns and only in recent years started to produce repeaters. May be one of a few reasons their guns almost always shoot well. Would not hurt to call them up and see which way they'll roll with any of it, but if you're stuck with buying a barreled action I'd probably just use a SUX 700 and roll with that. Try "God Bless" 2-3 times, it might work. laugh

There's always BAT and that ilk too, but they are single shots mostly.

Dunno if any of y'all are remembering this or not, but the first 2,000 yard P.Dog kill was done with a .308 shooting 190 grain somethings, don't recall the bullet make. Somewhere back in the late '90s or very early 2000s. There was rather expansive spread on that in VHA's Varmint Hunter. I call it one helluva a hail Mary, the dog might have another thought if it had survived. Queer looking gun, scope on very highly elevated bases with the eyepiece end jacked up about 15* or there abouts.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 12/30/12.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain