Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Merry xmas everybody......................... Aaaaaand GO [bleep] YOURSELVES!

I'm doing my best to whiskey drench a [bleep] childhood here.

and I spent my xmas bonus on a new recurve, should have it before end of January laugh

Nice, what did you get? Mine gathered dust last year, in an effort to outshoot my arrogant prick of a friend with the compound.

It's been in the works for a while. Another 60" Shafer Silvertip. However this one is one of Dave's new Exotic Wood risers, with a flared center. I hate to say it, but they look just like a Robertson Stykbow recurve, except with a slightly chubbier riser. It's B&W Ebony on the swells, and a gorgeous piece of Macassar through the center. The limb veneers are Macassar too. Probably around 48-50#'s on that set of limbs. Whatever it takes to shoot the various .500 spine carbons. The hunting limbs are going to be 57-58#'s with the new Super E glass in black, and backed with rattlesnake.

[bleep], the wood for the riser took me 3 hours to pick out of his last shipment. Veneers were about another 2 hours on another trip. There's 300 bucks worth of wood there. It'll be close to a 1800 dollar bow by the time I'm done. It pays to live in the same town as your bowyer smile

Speaking of cool bows... If you're window shopping... Dick Robertson has the Wolfer 3 piece on the drawing board. There might even be a prototype getting built here real soon.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall