Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Geedub has some sweet stuff for sure.

Yes he does.Always a joy to look at his rifles.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by hntr1

That's some good looking hardware for sure.

Thank you sir.

I would postulate that the biggest limiting factor in regards to those rifles is the old fart behind the trigger. LOL

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
The Tikka comes with a Sako barrel...and it isn't lopped off at 20" like a lot of the Finnlights.

Just shot this with my T3 yesterday. This is quite common with this rifle.

[Linked Image]

dogcatcher,

I'm not real familiar with Tikka. Is it Tikka has uses a pin (for lack of a better term) mated with a hole in the stock as a recoil lug? And do they still use a synthetic insert at the rear of the action to support the bolt?

I am begining to see them show up a lot in my area, I know little about them.

GB

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by MojoHand
I might add that if I ever went to a wood rifle again those SAKO Bavarians get me HARD! wink

That's pretty hilarious too, cause looking at your screen name, I'm sure it ain't the rifle giving you wood blush

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by geedubya

That's some good looking hardware for sure.

Thank you sir.

I would postulate that the biggest limiting factor in regards to those rifles is the old fart behind the trigger. LOL

Best,

GWB

Gotta love those beautiful wood-stocked Sakos.

But the stock on the Finnlite just don't cut it.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Originally Posted by MojoHand
I might add that if I ever went to a wood rifle again those SAKO Bavarians get me HARD! wink

That's pretty hilarious too, cause looking at your screen name, I'm sure it ain't the rifle giving you wood blush

I believe you've just committed the logical fallcy of "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" laugh

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Decision delayed till next week, due to pending family shindig and fact I dropped 2 bills to get a Pursuit Ultralight from Cabelas last night; tired of cleaning that .54 Hawken.

It did push the budget down towards Tikka. Need to check what they got in stock besides .308. Sure wish they had SS Lites in .260.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

I'm not real familiar with Tikka. Is it Tikka has uses a pin (for lack of a better term) mated with a hole in the stock as a recoil lug? And do they still use a synthetic insert at the rear of the action to support the bolt?

The lug is a square plate that drops into the stock, and there is a matching slot cut into the bottom of the receiver. Odd design, but it works.

Not sure what you mean about the synthetic insert to support the bolt. The bolt looks like any other bolt, other than there is a plastic shroud on the very back, but it is just a dust cover and does nothing to support the bolt.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

My Montana shoots 1" groups, but that's at 300 yards. And it is a real rifle not like one of those soulless sakos.

Got any pics of those groups?

I have seen a few factory rifles that could do it but they were few and very far between. Most were also chambered in varmint cartridges.

Dink

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

The lug is a square plate that drops into the stock, and there is a matching slot cut into the bottom of the receiver. Odd design, but it works.

Not sure what you mean about the synthetic insert to support the bolt. The bolt looks like any other bolt, other than there is a plastic shroud on the very back, but it is just a dust cover and does nothing to support the bolt.

That almost sounds like the design introduced on the Sako 75. Does the square plate bolt on the bottom of the action, or does it literally drop in the stock as you describe, and then mate to the slot in the action as the action screws are tightened?

IC B3

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Don't take pics of groups. Done it with a m70 270 too.

Last edited by hntr1; 12/24/13.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I kinda figured you didn't take pics.

Dink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RenoH414
I'd go Tikka and spend the rest on glass. Just my opinion though.

Reno

+1. This is what I did.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But GW, those were the days when Sako & Tikka (separate companies then) made rifles with soul. With a nicer stock, I could buy a Finnlite, but I have no affinity for a T3. Just my opinion.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Eric,

Dang!

Federal blue box (now black & maroon) has long been the first factory load I try in most rifles, might have to give fusion a chance.

What kind of knob and shroud do you have on it?

Pretty sure they had a .243 and a 6.5x55, too.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You should only buy a rifle if it says Made in Finland!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cold Case, that was the first group I shot with the rifle. Factory 95 gr Fusions.

The knob and bolt shroud are from Hinterland Shooting Supplies in Australia. You can buy them on ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/Hinterland-Shooting-Supplies/Other-/_i.html?_fsub=1

Eric

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
Eric,

Dang!

Federal blue box (now black & maroon) has long been the first factory load I try in most rifles, might have to give fusion a chance.

What kind of knob and shroud do you have on it?

Pretty sure they had a .243 and a 6.5x55, too.

Eric's a damn good shot. He shoots his pre 64 model 70, I sold him, the same way..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by DINK

I kinda figured you didn't take pics.

Dink

Don't know why I would take pics. Don't know what i would do with them.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DINK

My Montana shoots 1" groups, but that's at 300 yards. And it is a real rifle not like one of those soulless sakos.

Got any pics of those groups?

I have seen a few factory rifles that could do it but they were few and very far between. Most were also chambered in varmint cartridges.

Dink

+1 on that. I've seen very few rifles that would shoot that well. However, I've heard of far too many. One guy in particular said his Sako TRGS would shoot "1/2" groups at 300 yards". He was a competitieve trap shooter that liked talking chit, so I invited him to attend a centerfire shoot. He didn't fare all too well with that rifle, which was very surprising to me wink...Kinda like the guy that showed up in all military garb and said he was going to "shoot the X-ring out of the target". Ok, sounds interesting wink whistle..Carry on I guess...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (257 roberts, 300_savage, 222Sako, 257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 56 invisible), 2,747 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,685
Posts18,534,444
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.