Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#8389360 12/24/13
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Who here has had one? What is the expected time for total recovery?
I had one last Friday and am still experiencing some soreness and discomfort. I really want to go deer hunting while off for Christmas but I don't want to pull anything or mess something up. The actual procedure wasn't bad but the pain is lingering somewhat.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had it done 23 years ago, and I went back to work the next day. Dull pain only for two days. Other people have said that the pain bother them for a week or more and others like me. So you will be fine.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Had one when I was 22, went and road dirt bikes the next day. Hurt for a solid week after that

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
There's no rush. The deer will still be there whenever you get around to them.

Some would say you were BRILLIANT for scheduling your procedure for Bowl Week. Get a bag or two of frozen hash browns, and become one with your recliner.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Piece of cake. Schedule it on a Friday. DO what they tell you. Lay around all weekend. By Monday you will be back in the saddle.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I had it done, no troubles. Some guys I knew did not have it so easy, they did not follow the doctors orders and suffered. One guy said don't get the little clamp thingy installed, I said why. He said sometimes I will be sitting down and it will get bumped on the seat and then it feels like you got punched in the balls.

So no clamp for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Erred by telling the doc (in mid-procedure) about the engineer who wrote about the "de-semenation" of information and my friend's comment that "between what he said and what he meant to say, there's a vas deferens." Doc collapsed against a cabinet, holding his sides with his elbows, and shaking all over. Thought for sure that he was about to pull the string out and scatter the family jewels all over the room.

Levity can be taxable. A cantaloup in your crotch day and night is enough trouble for anybody, without hurting like an acetylene flame for a week. (Now, how in the world would you reckon that I'd know anything like that?)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why any one would consider this procedure a good idea is beyond me. I won't have it done to my dog!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine was Friday 13th. I was sore a few days. Midweek last week was fine. Wasnt as bad as I let the wife think. Wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Week into it I as fine.

Last edited by Cheesy; 12/24/13.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Dr Phil said, "No sex for a week." That was about it. Proving it worked is the embarrassing part -- some men have three ducts and have sued when momma got pregnant after the procedure was complete, and it WAS him. Handing the sample over to the young thing working his desk added to the chagrin for me. Kind of like being shaved for hernia surgery...

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I remember when I had mine, the Dr. turned to my wife and told her that on the day of the surgery I am to be "King for a day". No kids jumping on my lap. I was to just sit with a cold pack on "me boys" and watch television. It was great!! I was waited on hand and foot. I only remember minor soreness for a couple days. You will know when you should be doing stuff. Listen to and trust your body.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife had a coupon at Petsmart so she took me there.

ALLOW for recovery time !!!!!

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Had it done 20 years ago. Back to work the next day and all I did was taking it easy. Only problem I had was slipping on the ice and tearing the stiches. Had to have them redone.

Wife helped with the sample, dropped it off to the cutie at the desk and was proven to be a 100% sunkist.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buddy had one, that tight his youngest daughter jumped on his lap. You hear about carrying them n a wheelbarrow, yeah, he should have. He ended up down for two weeks, after that it was a piece of cake.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
My wife had her tubes tied.

I had no pain at all.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Mine was done 24 years ago. The procedure was no problem, except for the smell of buying flesh and knowing what was burning. eek Went home and followed the doctors orders for 24 hours. The next day however, I ran the weed eater for two hours. The nads swelled up like melons. My fault for not taking it easy for at least three or four days.

As to why I got it done, well my wife gave me options. She said I could go to a urologist or she could do it for me. I chose the urologist. blush

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My old doc, now deceased, clipped hundreds of guys and said it varied between a day and a few days of soreness. Worst case was a friend of mine whose wife forgot to pick him up after the vasectomy. He got mad and started pacing outside the doc's office until she arrived 45 minutes late. Peeved and pacing led to large and painful for the dumbazz.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the info guys. we had our third and final child over thanksgiving and the idea of being done with kids is really exciting to me. Last Friday morning I was sitting in the waiting room waiting to be taken back for the surgery and hoping the nurse would look like Aunt Jemima. I hear my name called and look up to see a 30s something brunette baby doll. Needless to say it was an embarrassing experience with her in there and my junk sitting on the table for 45 minutes. Returning the sample for testing should be even more humiliating.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Just remember to drain the tank safely or you could still have number four.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Had one when I was 22, went and road dirt bikes the next day. Hurt for a solid week after that

22!!!! shocked

I had one at 26, and would have done it sooner but couldn't find a Doc that would do it for me! Apparently they didn't think you could make up your own mind earlier.

Anyway�right on the pain�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 67 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,537
Posts18,491,415
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.