Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Had mine done in the morning, watched the procedure with a mirror.

Went out to eat after it was done, but doc said lay low at least till next day.

I did. Next day I went to work. Topped the wife off that night. All was well.

Then I got a mild infection, some antibiotics and actually never had pain from it, other than the infection itself.

If not for the infection it was about as easy and quickly done thing as I've ever had done.

Circa age 45 appx.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Had my Vasectomy at 25yrs old on a Friday. Following day I washed my Camaro, went to a Nightclub, and pile drived my GF.

If your still felling discomfort, I'd say the doc yanked on your sac little harder than usual & healing will take longer.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Worst part of mine was having my nether regions shaved. Mother always told me: "You're not smart, and you're not handsome, but you certainly are a hairy little monkey"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They gave me a shot in the arm to 'relax' me. All I really remember is eating doughnuts one right after the other on the drive home. Wife said I volunteered to drive.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Had one when I was 22, went and road dirt bikes the next day. Hurt for a solid week after that

22!!!! shocked

I had one at 26, and would have done it sooner but couldn't find a Doc that would do it for me! Apparently they didn't think you could make up your own mind earlier.

Anyway�right on the pain�.

Yep, my doctor gave me a "release" form that my wife had to sign stating that we had discussed the procedure and the consequences thereof before he would do it. I was 25 or 26, don't remember, but it was after our second child and my wife never wanted to go through pregnancy again. I ended up with mononucleosis in my meninges and spinal cord that fall, maxed out the insurance out-of-pocket, so we figured the vasectomy was "free". Did it in late December, kept the frozen peas on the family jewels, a few celebrex pills, no problems. Mine was a relatively painless procedure.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by scbigben
Thanks for the info guys. we had our third and final child over thanksgiving and the idea of being done with kids is really exciting to me. Last Friday morning I was sitting in the waiting room waiting to be taken back for the surgery and hoping the nurse would look like Aunt Jemima. I hear my name called and look up to see a 30s something brunette baby doll. Needless to say it was an embarrassing experience with her in there and my junk sitting on the table for 45 minutes. Returning the sample for testing should be even more humiliating.
When I was done nearly 30 years ago, it was in the doc's office and no nurse was present. It was a 1 man show. It takes 10 to 15 ejaculations so work the existing sperm out of the system. The sample is to verify that it's been cleared out. I never got around to doing the sample but we didn't have any more kids so I guess it worked. That was back when I was young and dumb(er).

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You people are out of your [bleep] minds.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
�couldn't find a Doc that would do it for me! �

oldie but apropos �

Vvoyd asked his doctor to castrate him. Doctor didn't want to do it.

"Have you talked it over with your wife?"

"Oh, yeah. She agrees that it's the thing to do."

Doctor still didn't like the idea.

"If you won't do it, then I'll find a doctor who will."

So the doctor castrated him.

As the doctor was visiting him after the anesthetic wore-off, a nurse came to the door.

"Oh, Doctor Cuttom, the Hainter baby is ready to be circumcised."

"Circumcised!" Vvoyd said. "That's the word!"

If you've been cut there within the last few days, don't laugh.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
My skin is crawling....no way I'd ever let someone cut on them....not enough novacane and liquor to convince me otherwise.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jimy
Why any one would consider this procedure a good idea is beyond me. I won't have it done to my dog!

This. I cannot fathom a valid reason for it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had the "sport conversion" done in july, couple of days with discomfort, just took it easy.

I wouldn't drag a deer for a few days after, but to go out and shoot one would be no prob. great excuse to make someone else help you.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Had one when I was 22, went and road dirt bikes the next day. Hurt for a solid week after that

22!!!! shocked

I had one at 26, and would have done it sooner but couldn't find a Doc that would do it for me! Apparently they didn't think you could make up your own mind earlier.

Anyway�right on the pain�.

Had that same problem, I tried at 18, then at 21, couldn`t get a doctor in the area to do it.

I felt every bump in the road on the drive home.

Last edited by SCRUBS; 12/24/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had mine done after my son was born. It was no big deal just make sure you ice for a couple days and take it easy. One more thing, for a few months afterwards when going up and down steps the jarring may make you feel like your boys have dropped down your pants leg. eek

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I had the "sport conversion" done in july, couple of days with discomfort, just took it easy.

I wouldn't drag a deer for a few days after, but to go out and shoot one would be no prob. great excuse to make someone else help you.

I like this type of thinking. The doc was insistent that I am considered potent until I go back in and get checked for swimmers. I guess malpractice insurance doesn't cover food, clothes and tuition for a botched vasectomy.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I had one. Recovery was fast. Done on a Friday, laying pipe by sunday.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rost495

Topped the wife off that night.

Then I got a mild infection, some antibiotics and actually never had pain from it, other than the infection itself.

There are so many things to say here and so little time. laugh

Last edited by tzone; 12/24/13.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly....
I decided it was Christmas......
Next time.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Encouraged by his wife, my brother got fixed in his thirties. Thinking this would eliminate the anxiety of getting pregnant again and would improve his sex life. Wrong.

They divorced two years later. He had business cards made up stating that he was safe and handed then out to chicks in the bars. laugh

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scbigben
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

I like this type of thinking. The doc was insistent that I am considered potent until I go back in and get checked for swimmers. I guess malpractice insurance doesn't cover food, clothes and tuition for a botched vasectomy.

I never went back to give em a "sample". historically they said after 15-20 times you were safe, so use another method in the mean time. worked for us. they took out a section of the vas defrens (sp) and tied then burned the ends, aint nothing getting through that, just have to eliminate the residuals.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by deflave
You people are out of your [bleep] minds.

Travis

FACT. Been there, done that, and it was a bad experience that didn't end well. I thought it would shut the wife up about more kids, but now it is the guilt trip instead.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,074
Posts18,482,669
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.