Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
PM me your email address and I'll send you photos of this years and last years Kudu as mentioned above. You can also go to their web site and see the best of each years game. Web site is the same as their name plus .com.

We are heading back for trip #7 on June 8th.

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by M3taco
PM me your email address and I'll send you photos of this years and last years Kudu as mentioned above. You can also go to their web site and see the best of each years game. Web site is the same as their name plus .com.

We are heading back for trip #7 on June 8th.

Sorry I will miss meeting you by about a week.....

Subject to an email confirmation from Jan that at least the last part of May has been spoken for. Woo Hoo!

Thanks again Mike for the conversation a few weeks ago.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
JG - PM received and email sent.

Merry Christmas Dale! No problem on the phone call. Happy to do it again anytime for as long as you want. You should be hearing back from Jan soon. They are just getting back home from their annual camping vacation in Torra Bay and spending the holidays with family here and there. He said they would be hit and miss with email while they are bouncing around.

Hope your dates work out. Maybe if you have to bump a week closer to our arrival we can meet at Joe's Beerhouse!!!! laugh

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks for the pics M3. Much appreciated and mucho impressed with your trophies. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and thanks again for going to the trouble to send me the pics and brochure.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
JG - happy to do it. Call or email if you want additional info.

IC B2

DLS Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
[img][IMG]http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv109/dan_sozzi/South%20Africa%20trip/DannysKudu.jpg[/img][/img]

If a heavy, beautiful kudu like this bull my son shot appeals to you, you might want to contact Spear Safaris. www.spearsafaris.com They hunt some fabulous properties in Limpopo. We saw numerous big kudu the day my son shot this fine bull.

How the heck do I get that link to show the picture? I can click on it and the picture shows up, but only the link displayed. Help?

Last edited by DLS; 12/25/13. Reason: display picture
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kudu would have to be my all time favorite African animal to hunt. I took Kudu on all my trips to Zimbabwe (only place I have ever hunted Africa). I have probably shot over 20 over the years. The biggest I have ever personally ever seen killed was 60 1/2" in the Turk Mine area of Zimbabwe. The hunter who shot it was reluctant to shoot it as he had all ready shot one Kudu. The PH had to talk him into shooting it as it was so big. I personally have never shot any thing over 52". It seems all of mine were over 50" but under 53". Just never could get that 'big one' though I actually tried hard.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Coutada Nine in Mozambique with Mokore Safaris.

Great wild unfenced area with a great company. The accommodations are second to none.

I hunted there with Neil Duckworth in 2010 and shot a 55" kudu. A dedicated kudu hunter could kill a 58 to 60" kudu IMO.

There is plenty of other game there including sable, eland, nyala, oribi, and some of the small guys.

L
L
The Eastern Cape has the largest kudu density in Africa. Some Population densities are as high as 1/ha.

As mentioned the East Cape greater Kudu is NOT the lesser kudu found in Ethiopia, Kenya an Tanzania.
SCI ENTRY is 98" so a combined score of 2x 9" bases and 2x 40" horns
The Southern Greater entry is 121 = 2x10" bases and 2 x 50,5" horns
East African Greater Kudu is 109
Abyssinian Greater Kudu is 98

The East cape greater an the Southern greater is like a Montana Moose compared to a Yukon Moose , same same but different

Dave Davenport
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 13 invisible), 1,201 guests, and 702 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,685
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.