Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's great.

grin

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just got caught up, we were up by Rapid City for a few days. I tried to get my nephew his first deer, he had shots and saw lots but couldn't connect. it happens, he still had a ball though which is what counts, and he can't wait to come back next year.

my Boy got a pair of carhart bibs in size 6 (he's 5) and they are awesome! a few toys and the rest camo clothes. when grandma asked him a couple months ago what to get, he said camo huntin stuff. he got it. I got a few things and some cabelas gift cards I can put together to get me a nice new rangefinder after mine crapped the bed in sept days before my antelope hunt. mama got some girly stuff and baby has a mountain of toys that you can ride on, make lots of noise, take up a bunch of space AND hurt when you stub your toe going to the bathroom at 1am. but she loved it as well. went sledding with grandpa yesterday, had a great family Christmas. I'm still smiling smile

time to get serious about deer again, second rifle opens saturday and I still have ML tags!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Merry Christmas Splashy!

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey rooster, i did buy a carsella shack. Just a small one 7x16. Its warm and cozy. Seems to work well. Overall quality seems to be decent.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We got out fishing a little yesterday, but it was just for bluegills. It must have been a good idea because it was packed out there.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Hey rooster, i did buy a carsella shack. Just a small one 7x16. Its warm and cozy. Seems to work well. Overall quality seems to be decent.

Dang bank just called me and said that since they don't know anything about fish houses that they would only do a 48 month loan at 6.5% with a payment over $500 / month. frown

I wonder if any other lenders do special loans for fish house campers?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Are u looking at new or used rooster? Seems high for that. Must be alot of lenders out their borrowing for fish houses. Lots of them out there

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Dang bank just called me and said that since they don't know anything about fish houses that they would only do a 48 month loan at 6.5% with a payment over $500 / month. frown

Maybe have them process the loan as an RV instead of a fish-house?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Maybe have them process the loan as an RV instead of a fish-house?

Or...just fish out of Dave's and Wb's like I'm going to do. laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When r u coming fishing tom? Heard some good reports yesterday as well

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I needed to be fishing today. Going up and down the tubing/sledding hill kicked my ass today. Granted, the little-guy was down before the first book was finished tonight, but I'm about as tired as he is.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Are u looking at new or used rooster? Seems high for that. Must be alot of lenders out their borrowing for fish houses. Lots of them out there

I was looking strongly at the ice cabin toy hauler and then I ran across this other one that has all the bells and whistles. I have since decided that it's "too much"

It would be great for camping but you would need A LOT of ice to get it out fishing. The bank orginally said for an RV that it would be 3.9% for up to 10 years if I wanted but the "fish house" part of it scared them off and they came back with that 6.5% for 48.

It's actually a blessing. I don't need a house that big and fancy just to park my butt in and try and catch a fish. smile

I'm back to the Ice Cabin toy hauler model.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got the load home last night. This was at the dealer.

One in back is mine. The other is for a friend of mine.

[Linked Image]

Polaris Widetrak FS.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Got the load home last night. This was at the dealer.

One in back is mine. The other is for a friend of mine.

[Linked Image]

Polaris Widetrak FS.

Looks nice!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yep, I'd need a wide track and a wider seat. grin

Nice looking sled, WB.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Very nice WB! That will give you many hours of comfort I do believe.

Well a friend of mine came up for a long planned pheasant hunt today. OHMYGOSH, I have never had a hunt as physically tough as this hunt. We hunted fields, we hunted willows and then we hit the cattails. The snow was nipple high on me and you had to just plow through them with no trails to walk on. Then we donned snowshoes and ran a ditch and some more willows. I spooked a bald eagle eating a pheasant and it took off with the pheasant. Didnt mean to, but I didnt see it until it took off. I was taking a picture of the marks in the snow that the eagle left while trying to get airborne with the pheasant and right in the middle of it, a rooster got up. Oh well. We ended up with 4 roosters which is a great hunt for this time of year in deep snow.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Well it is a little late , but Merry christmas everyone. We had a keyboard malfunction and I couldn't post. It has been a good Christmas here as out son and his family are here. This is the first time since he left for the Navy 21 years ago. His wife and daughter are delightful. Last evening we went next door to the dairy farm and let the gdaughter watch them milk, then she got bottle feed a couple of calves. She loved stomping around in the cow poop. New experiences for a city girl from San Diego. The son is an ex seal who now has a GS job doing base security at the Naval base there. He is trying to get a job closer to home and that would be great. Sorry this got so long. I will be back later.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bill_55
Well it is a little late , but Merry christmas everyone. We had a keyboard malfunction and I couldn't post. It has been a good Christmas here as out son and his family are here. This is the first time since he left for the Navy 21 years ago. His wife and daughter are delightful. Last evening we went next door to the dairy farm and let the gdaughter watch them milk, then she got bottle feed a couple of calves. She loved stomping around in the cow poop. New experiences for a city girl from San Diego. The son is an ex seal who now has a GS job doing base security at the Naval base there. He is trying to get a job closer to home and that would be great. Sorry this got so long. I will be back later.
Bill

Sounds like the best Christmas you've had in 21 years Bill. Good for you!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
congrats Bill, tell your Son thank you for his service!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Very nice WB! That will give you many hours of comfort I do believe.

Well a friend of mine came up for a long planned pheasant hunt today. OHMYGOSH, I have never had a hunt as physically tough as this hunt. We hunted fields, we hunted willows and then we hit the cattails. The snow was nipple high on me and you had to just plow through them with no trails to walk on. Then we donned snowshoes and ran a ditch and some more willows. I spooked a bald eagle eating a pheasant and it took off with the pheasant. Didnt mean to, but I didnt see it until it took off. I was taking a picture of the marks in the snow that the eagle left while trying to get airborne with the pheasant and right in the middle of it, a rooster got up. Oh well. We ended up with 4 roosters which is a great hunt for this time of year in deep snow.

Bman,
The dogs and I gave the pheasant's a break around here this year. The numbers are down big time so I didn't hunt them. The other day, there was about 50 flocked up together feeding just down the road from my house so that is a good sign. I think I'm going to make a feeder and put out in the CRP behind my place. I was thinking of a 55 gallon plastic drum upside down in one of those rubber calf feeders like you can get at tractor supply. Cut "mouse doors" in it and a hole on top to pour corn into. Think that would work or do you pheasants forever guys have a better option?

Page 1,269 of 1,842 1 2 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 63 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.