-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This guy claims the US isn't united at all but rather 11 nations.

http://thislandpress.com/roundups/map-of-the-week-redrawing-the-united-states/

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I think he has "El Norte" northern border a little too far south!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The guy doesnt have a clue. Im in south PA, the midlands??? Wtf is he smokin? This area is turning into Baltimore more and more.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see that it was done county by county. Seems strange that many areas that are fundamentally different as far as political ideology would be thrown together as one country. Being it IS a map delineating political units (countries) it seems counter to logic that boundaries look as they do. I think one could look at the last 3-4 county by county presidential election maps and come up with a better idea of how the country is split. This map is a weak attempt at delineating regions, the idea that they are really separate political units is far fetched at best.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I think he has "El Norte" northern border a little too far south!
I agree with some of it and find some of it pretty far-fetched.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's probably pretty close. We've never been united from day one.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
...which is pretty much like most of the posts on here.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ranger1
I see that it was done county by county. Seems strange that many areas that are fundamentally different as far as political ideology would be thrown together as one country. Being it IS a map delineating political units (countries) it seems counter to logic that boundaries look as they do. I think one could look at the last 3-4 county by county presidential election maps and come up with a better idea of how the country is split. This map is a weak attempt at delineating regions, the idea that they are really separate political units is far fetched at best.
I never could find the full article. I'd like to know more about his reasoning and methodology. I've posted maps of exactly what you are talking about a number of times on here and at least part of the county election maps came from NPR which is where this article originated, if I'm not mistaken.

[img]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/election-map-2012/president/[/img]

Didn't come up on the preview but I believe you can click on the link.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 12/27/13. Reason: Well crap, you gotta click the link and then go over to the left side and click on "county results".
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think it's always been a little like this,but now with the Great Divider in the Spite House I think the lines are a lot clearer.Although I would move the left coast a little farther to the right,greater Appalachia more south and the netherlands more left..I think that sounds about right..

I'm afraid that when I die,my wife will sell everything I own for what I told her I paid for it...
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wvtradbow
I think it's always been a little like this,but now with the Great Divider in the Spite House I think the lines are a lot clearer.Although I would move the left coast a little farther to the right,greater Appalachia more south and the netherlands more left..I think that sounds about right..
I really have no quarrel with anything you say, but I'd still like to hear why this guy put the lines where he did. It seems that he put some thought into it. I personally can't see that much of Illinois in Greater Appalachia either and putting almost any of Kansas or Missouri in with the Midlands seems surprising. Texas and Oklahoma too. You don't have many urban areas that didn't vote for Obama but Wichita, Oklahoma City and Tulsa did not.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Literally ALL of Oklahoma voted against Obama in not just one, but both elections. Kansas only had three counties voting for Obama in his initial election and two in his last one. Missouri only fielded three counties for Obama in the latest Presidential election. Nebraska appears to only have one. That's a pretty solid rejection of Yankee/Communist/Liberal/Welfare values.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (AKislander, 300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, Alan_C, 11 invisible), 1,589 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,562
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.