-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Well it is that time of year again, FUR SEASON!

I am offering up my services in putting some fur up and taking it to sale again this year. Bobcat, Fox, Coyotes. I use wood stretchers to put up bobcats and coyotes. I have a few wood stretchers for fox, but most get put up on wire (I have more wire stretchers than wood ones for fox). I offered up this service last year and had guys from across the country send their furs. Most of them went for VERY good money, making for some happy fur harvesters! Only 3 were lower than what I had estimated theyd go for, pretty good if I say so myself. I am not an expert in the fur grading and pricing, and the pelt prices are all sale/auction/buyer depending. There are a several guys around that I have put up and sold fur for, and some that have seen my fur put up in person, hopefully they will comment on their experiences. My biggest thing, is to get all the money you can out of your fur. It is FAR too easy to make a $$$$$ pelt into a $ pelt in a HURRY. But you cannot take a $ pelt and make it a $$$$ pelt.

If anyone has any questions or would like some more information on my methods, stretchers, what to do with the pelt in order to get it to me, etc. feel free to ask here or to PM me if youd rather do that, I may reply to a post here via PM as well. I do charge a small percent of the sale price to cover my time, supplies (borax, etc), and sale costs (example - kingman sale costs are $20 per seller, plus 1% that goes to the youth trapping program). I charge a percentage of the sale price, so it is in my best interest to make that fur as valuable as possible for the sale. The better the fur is, the higher the price it sells for, the more money the seller (you) make, and in turn the more money I make. I spend a lot of time making sure every pelt gets the time that it needs to get it ready for sale.

Good luck this season, stack some fur!

MFK Game Calls Pro-Staff and Western USA Sales Rep
"Made for Killing" www.MFKGameCalls.com

Call 'em, KILL 'em, Stack 'em
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
time is getting closer. there is some pretty good fur hanging in my garage getting ready for sale. theres going to be some really happy folks in March.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 27 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,646
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.