Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 36 37
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've been in plenty of tight spots and have needed money more than a few times in my life.

What I will not do is sell my integrity, not for $10 or $10 million, period.

Communication is KING, if I was in that tight I spot I'd tell the guy that I'm spending the money the moment I got it and let him know that if he wasn't happy with the item then I'd find a way to get the money back to him. I'd not tell him that nor attempt to say I have a 'No return policy' after the fact.

Integrity don't go out the window with me, regardless of my financial situation. A man has to have one thing he will never sell.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by shortmagfan
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Safari, you made my "do not deal with" list.

Your situation is clouding what should be very basic good judgment and ethics.

My exact thoughts after reading his threads the last few months. Medical and money issues on one thread, sending a rifle off the be rebarrelled to a fancy wildcat on another thread. I'll steer clear

If you read the original or first post on that deal, I TRADED for everything, barrel, labor and all. Gave up a nice gun to get an old one re done.

That said, I am PMing the OP, taking him off of ignore, and will see what I can do here to make the situation better.

RE not "fixing" things, I DID forward a good FFL immediately when asked to and have purchased the magazine that was somehow missing to be re sent. How much more 'fixing' is needed?

Maybe if you'd sold your trade bait instead of putting it into a custom rifle you might be better off. I've got tons of sympathy for someone that has fallen on hard times and I've seen you do nice things for others around here, but if money and medical issues are an issue, I'd suggest custom rifles aren't going to help things much whether you "trade" into them or pay cash

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by fredIII
THE KNIFE ADDS IN CAPS LOCK ARE WAY BETTER THAN THIS WISHY WASHY CRAP . You made my list as well when paying advertisers with 100% satisfied customers gets called out because you did not like caps lock in his adds you had to know carma was going to bite your azz . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . You had this coming enjoy

I agree whole-heartedly with this right here!!!!!!!! grin

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
steelie, can't argue with that point. i agree and i feel the same about my integrity. it just leaves a bad taste to see so many copying posts and piling on when they have no skin in the game and don't even know the people involved.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm also not saying which side is right on this as I don't know. What I am saying is that you will always have a 100% return policy with me and I'll not deal with anyone that thinks otherwise.

If you want to spend the money I send because you're in a bad spot, TELL ME. If I'm not happy with the item then tell me you'll figure out a way to come up with the money I sent.

I've held guns for months for people. A time or two I never received it, never made a post, only a note, but they were the exception.

I can give a person time, but I've yet to be in a situation where a phone call amongst MEN has not been able to work things out.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm also not saying which side is right on this as I don't know. What I am saying is that you will always have a 100% return policy with me and I'll not deal with anyone that thinks otherwise.

If you want to spend the money I send because you're in a bad spot, TELL ME. If I'm not happy with the item then tell me you'll figure out a way to come up with the money I sent.

I've held guns for months for people. A time or two I never received it, never made a post, only a note, but they were the exception.

I can give a person time, but I've yet to be in a situation where a phone call amongst MEN has not been able to work things out.

Good point,, that last one. I have PM'ed Ed about making this right to the best of my ability, taking him off of ignore at the same time. RE talkinig like MEN, it would have helped immeasurably if I had been given even a modicum of time to make things right that were considered by him to be wrong. I would have done what needed be done by him even if I thought that I did not need to. I have done this before, even to the point of sending an entire whole shotgun - and a good one at that - to a member here to even out a deal that he thought he was coming up short on, even though I disagreed with him.

I would have done the same with Ed, if given a bit of opportunity, and am trying this approach with him once again.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have no doubt it will work out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've dealt with Mark before, therefore here is my puppy dog in this hunt......
Don't sell Mark short. He will do the right thing.
"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone".
John

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no doubt it will work out.

I sure hope so. I did not intend to harm him in any way to begin with. Will do what I can to make it good, and this has been my hope from the day he bought the pistol. I will see what his reply is, if any.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Its always best to keep ones name out of the spot light. People can sour quickly and become suspicious. Maybe its sheer volume, but your name keeps popping up on here.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I sure hope so. I did not intend to harm him in any way to begin with. Will do what I can to make it good, and this has been my hope from the day he bought the pistol. I will see what his reply is, if any.

So that's why you put him on ignore?! Here's a hearty, GFY!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like it pops up all over the rest of 24hrcf. I spend quite a bit of time here, and used to be pretty active here in the classifieds. Hundreds of happy deals over a ten year period, but if you deal with people often enough, no matter how hard you try, there will always be one or two who cannot be pleased by any reasonable measure.

And, this place and the folks who populate it HAS changed from the friendly place it used to be, with more sour notes and really stupid call out threads (this one included) than was ever the case before.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Did you know that when you buy a Ruger Charger,they come with the bipod from the factory,so if he bought "just the gun" then it should have the bipod too.Once again,I don't see eye to eye with Mark or his way of doing business,so I won't add anything else to this,but as a brand new Ruger Charger purchaser,I thought I would inform him of what comes with the "gun".

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's your story; but a full refund always makes for a happy ending.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I tend not to put people on ignore that I just sold something to either.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by shortmagfan
Maybe if you'd sold your trade bait instead of putting it into a custom rifle you might be better off. I've got tons of sympathy for someone that has fallen on hard times and I've seen you do nice things for others around here, but if money and medical issues are an issue, I'd suggest custom rifles aren't going to help things much whether you "trade" into them or pay cash

Reminds of standing in line behind a woman at ____-Mart with two carts. One loaded with bread, cheese, milk, cereal, etc. she'll pay for with food stamps, EBT Card, WIC. And the second loaded with pop, beer, chips, steaks and smokes that she'll pay cash for; cash that she probably "traded" for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudder700
Did you know that when you buy a Ruger Charger,they come with the bipod from the factory,so if he bought "just the gun" then it should have the bipod too.Once again,I don't see eye to eye with Mark or his way of doing business,so I won't add anything else to this,but as a brand new Ruger Charger purchaser,I thought I would inform him of what comes with the "gun".

I appreciate that. I have offered to make that one of the options for making the deal a good one, so far no answer.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
TFF! I busted out laughing on this. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I didn't, for weeks. I did that when he was caught lying to me and was just being a turd about the whole thing. Not communicating or giving any opportunity to make the deal correct.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Didn't intend to sell that, and have not done so. 444matt PM'ed me about it first, and because he is one of what I consider the good guys here and I have had positive PM's and conversations with him in the past, I told him that if he really wanted it, maybe we could work something out.

He declined until further notice so I will be keeping that one as planned as a replacement for a different gun I sold during hard(er) times.

Again, you leave sign Ray Charles could follow. Sure seems to me if a guy was being such a stand-up guy and letting a buddy in on a good deal, he'd step out of the transaction and let his buddy deal with the seller directly, rather than having a middleman. Try and spin it however you want, but it's painfully obvious it wasn't about helping a buddy out.

Remember the little scumbag who ripped off goatsie and then tried to post the make-believe Polaris quad on here? "blackbear" or something of the like? I presume Rick banned him...
Mark, you coddled that known-liar to your bosom with a deal on that Polaris, and as expected you were stood up after posting updates on the liars journey across the country to make his deal with you.
It was all bullsh*t as expected, you were had.

The point is, maybe you try to be a decent guy, but to all of the wrong people.

It would have been cool to forego that pistol (and profits, oy) and allow 444Matt to buy that hand gun out of sheer karma and good will here on this forum.

I was tempted at one time to send money your way for health/money issues--hey sh*t happens, I have been there; but I then realized your wheeling and dealing on other forums didn't add up, it looked like a scam job to me.

MissouriEd with his 3000+ postings should be given the benefit of the doubt. He's been shafted.

Last edited by broomd; 12/28/13.
Page 5 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

186 members (1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 280shooter, 338Rules, 30incher, 28 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,325
Posts18,505,862
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.