-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have seen guns on gunbroker that they list as "excellent condition" and the pictures show a gun that looks like it has been dragged down a gravel road behind a truck

Last edited by MuskieMan223; 12/28/13.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MuskieMan223
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Unless you specified no returns, be prepared for a return.

I disagree with this, how many flea markets or gun shows have you been to that the sellers would accept a return on something after you carried it around building for an hour??? That is all this site, or any other site is for that matter are ONLINE GUN SHOWS/Flea Markets! I do not agree at all on a return policy on "used" items, but I also do not think that items should be misrepresented either. That is why I try to describe everything as best as I can before I sell it.

I do hope you are not comparing the Free Classifieds as a gun show or a flea market even though many of the sellers here do consider it as such.

I do notice however you have spent much time in the classifieds since you joined less than a year ago.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless you specified no returns, be prepared for a return.

I disagree with this, how many flea markets or gun shows have you been to that the sellers would accept a return on something after you carried it around building for an hour??? That is all this site, or any other site is for that matter are ONLINE GUN SHOWS/Flea Markets! I do not agree at all on a return policy on "used" items, but I also do not think that items should be misrepresented either. That is why I try to describe everything as best as I can before I sell it.

My position as well, and all of this internet stuff is not going to change that part of it. I not only described it correctly but sent photos. I owe the man a magazine, and one is being sent. If all Ruger Chargers had a bipod, then I have offered to find and send one of those as well.

Every gun shop and pawn shop I have ever gone to around here had a no returns on guns and ammo policy. There is a place to state that on gunbroker ads and I do. I might need to make that clear on selling items here, if I decide to continue to do so.

The sad part of all this is, if the buyer had simply PM'ed or e-mailed me that he believed that bipod should be part of the deal and that I had missed putting a magazine in there I would have sent him what I am sending him now, with no drama or troubles.

Ed has PM'ed me that he has picked up his gun, and is moving on. I am sending the magazine that I forgot to put in the box (actually a brand new one I bought before this thread was started) and looking for a bipod to get and send once I determine that all of them came with one.

Other than sending the items mentioned to make the deal as right as I can, I am moving on as well. This fiasco over very little has absorbed too much time and energy already.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kend
This is a tough deal. The condition of a gun is subjective and what is great condition to one may seem rough to another. Without seeing Safariman's pictures and the buyer's pictures it's impossible to pass judgment. Could it be that the buyer found a better deal or is simply suffering buyer's remorse? I have done business with Safariman several times and found him to be a man of his word.

Best post in this entire thread!!
+1[i][/i][u][/u]

Yeah, I'm still waiting on pictures too..Geesh!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Don't confuse gun shows with Internet forums,

at a gun show I can physically examine said piece in person. Removes all doubt.

IC B2

J
JMP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Interesting...stories like this make me less likely to use gunbroker because of what people think they can get away with there.

JP

Originally Posted by safariman
All sales final wasn't specified, and you spent the money before ensuring satisfaction?

Yep. He had seen the photos, I had sent the gun, car needed tires (bought used ones) and spent the money. No return policy was specified, but when pictures are sent first, and the gun is one that was specifically requested by the buyer, no reason to think it is not going to be a done , did, deal.

Times are tough enough around here that ANY money we get is pre spent before it even gets here. At gunbroker there is a box to check "As is, no returns" and I use it. I was hoping that here such a policy would not be needed, but maybe I need to start putting that in my replies etc.

This forum used to be a place where friends bought, sold and traded and tried to get along plus give each other a little grace like my perhaps forgetting to put the magazine in the box (All $10.00 worth - the horror!) and allowing a guy to fix any little snags if one was discovered. Like me IMMEDIATELY e-mailing complete copies of the documents needed the very MOMENT I learned that they were needed in this case, to BOTH parties.... I have had this go both ways, about evenly.

Stuff like this is pushing me to Gunbroker and other sites all the more, and I used to really love trading and buying and selling here.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Mark, do you NOT believe that all the Chargers came with a bipod and a soft case and the magazine,come on now,you sell more chit than anyone I know and pretend to know a lot about guns,put on your big boy panties and make it right,don't continue to play the stupid game,you know as well as I do that these guns came with the bipod and the soft case and the magazine.If truly you didn't then maybe you should list it as is and state you are not sure what comes with it...No more bullchit,man up....

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No I am not comparing it per-se to a gun show or flea market but essentially isn't it the same thing just in an online format?? I understand there are many friends here (as well as all the local insider trading at gun shows that goes on) so when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of it that when you are buying a used item it is just that USED and no one really knows the entire history of said item and differences in condition vary greatly from one person to the next

Last edited by MuskieMan223; 12/28/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Guess I'm a little late to the dance. And I'm still a relative newby here on the Fire. I've logged on almost 3 years ago, at the recommendation of a few Texas & Colorado Members that were good friends that I know personally. And I've really enjoyed the couple of hours I tend to spend on here every day while I'm watching the TV every evening. And I would like to think I've made some really good friends & have met quite a few nice Fire Members who are like minded & enjoy the same kind of outdoor activities that I do. As in Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Reloading, Shooting, and Gun Collecting.

In the short time I've been a Campfire Member, I have bought and sold only a few things in the Free Classified Section. Probably only about 12 items total that I have either bought or sold. And so far, I've NEVER had a bad experience with ANY Campfire Member that I've done a transaction with. Ever transaction has gone forward without a hitch, and I've been very pleased with the Fire Members that I've had the pleasure to trade with.
And Mark, or SafariMan is one of the Fire Members that I've had the pleasure to deal with. I didn't know Mark from Adam, but I found him to be very honest & upfront about every detail of our transaction. He was very detail oriented and meticulous in the description of the Item, and as i requested, he also sent pictures via email showing the item in great detail, just as it was.

I also found Mark to be very reliable, and he did exactly what he said he would do. The Item was much better than he described, and he also Included some additional items free of charge that were accessories that he could have easily sold elsewhere. And they were not cheap items!
He also included some free ammo to test out in one of my 10mm pistols. During our transaction, I had a financial situation come up that kept me from including a check for $200.00 as part of our trade that I was sending to Mark. It took me a couple of weeks to get the extra money to him, and he was very gracious and understanding & simply told me to send him the money whenever I could. I found Mark to be an outstanding man of his word & honor, and I would not hesitate to buy anything from him. Period.

As I also would not hesitate to do business with any Campfire Member who I've done business with previously here on the Campfire. I've met some great people here on the Fire, and I've also learned quite a bit about the character of my fellow Campfire Members.
I've seen numerous Members here on the Fire help one another just because it was the right thing to do, and also help and aid other people whom they didn't even know. And I'm very proud and honored to call those members my friend and fellow Patriots. And they would be Welcome at my CampFire, anytime.

Thank you for this post. I've had the pleasure of spending time in Mark's company and have been blessed by his generosity.

Reopening the lines of communication was the right thing to do and it doesn't surprise me in the least that he did that.

Like Steelhead said, I'm sure that this will all work out.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Forgot the FFL,
Forgot the Bipod,
Forgot the magazine,
Forgot buyer asked for New condition,
"it's my Cousins gun"
I suddenly needed new tires, drove 12,000 miles yesterday.
No returns, even though I never said "no returns".

Seriously?

Sorry Mark, this is a lead balloon, ain't gonna fly.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

All this christianity talk is giving me a hard on!!

Sometimes the Holy Spirit overtakes me and I punch a woman.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do notice however you have spent much time in the classifieds since you joined less than a year ago.

Yeah and unfortunately my bank account shows it!!!! laugh shocked laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudder700
Mark, do you NOT believe that all the Chargers came with a bipod and a soft case and the magazine,come on now,you sell more chit than anyone I know and pretend to know a lot about guns,put on your big boy panties and make it right,don't continue to play the stupid game,you know as well as I do that these guns came with the bipod and the soft case and the magazine.If truly you didn't then maybe you should list it as is and state you are not sure what comes with it...No more bullchit,man up....

Never had a Ruger Charger, don't like 'em. Never seen a soft case for one, either. And niether the case (which I have offered to try to obtain) nor the bipod (same deal as the case) was EVER mentioned by the buyer until today, almost a week to the day after this all started.

If Ed had mentioned these things to me as reasons for his dissapointment, man to man, we could have worked all of this out easily. I have been willing to do so since he first PM'ed me about the paperwork problem and led me to beleive that this was the ONLY problem with the gun and him picking it up, until today.

As has been said here many times before, a little communication (I got none until this thread about bi Pods or Cases or scratches) can solve a lot of problems.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No I am not comparing it per-se to a gun show or flea market but essentially isn't it the same thing just in an online format??

If you can physically hold and examine/evaluate a gun on a internet forum, you have more talent than I.

Wanna buy some once-fired brass?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Reopening the lines of communication was the right thing to do and it doesn't surprise me in the least that he did that.

Was 'Ignore' the right thing to do? Misrepresentation? Shorting parts?

Doesn't that surprise you in the least?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=chlinstructor]
Thank you for this post. I've had the pleasure of spending time in Mark's company and have been blessed by his generosity.

Like Steelhead said, I'm sure that this will all work out.

I'm not as optimistic as steelhead, but I don't think this deal is going to work out, unless you're referring to the seller.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Wanna buy some once-fired brass?

I bought some once at a gun show, it looked great in person, felt smooth in my hands! but every case was dry rotted and ripped apart in my press....some people lol

laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There was bad communication, that happens. I've been guilty of the same.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There was bad communication, that happens. I've been guilty of the same.

We all have, and if you haven't, you will be at some point if you deal with todays public

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by mudder700

Never had a Ruger Charger, don't like 'em. Never seen a soft case for one, either. And niether the case (which I have offered to try to obtain) nor the bipod (same deal as the case) was EVER mentioned by the buyer until today, almost a week to the day after this all started.

If Ed had mentioned these things to me as reasons for his dissapointment, man to man, we could have worked all of this out easily. I have been willing to do so since he first PM'ed me about the paperwork problem and led me to beleive that this was the ONLY problem with the gun and him picking it up, until today.

As has been said here many times before, a little communication (I got none until this thread about bi Pods or Cases or scratches) can solve a lot of problems.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

396 members (260Remguy, 30Gibbs, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 257_X_50, 45 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,318
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.