Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I have a classic kimber but this season first thing in the morning I shot a doe and the cartridge stuck in the chamber had to get down and go get another rifle will the tikka hang with the kimber in accuracy finish blah blah. Blah does any one have both what r education.

GB1

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
I would bet that on average, the Tikkas are more accurate than Kimbers. Tikka triggers are very nice. you have to be able to accept some use of plastic (bolt shroud, trigger guard) to appreciate the Tikka, but they are great performers. I never hear anybody saying " playing the Tikka lottery," but I do hear that about the Kimbers.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Surprised this hasn't turned into a battle yet. Tikkas are very accurate rifles and they do work. Nice triggers and smooth actions. I've owned numerous tikkas and all have shot well. I've owned numerous kimbers and have had the same results. I like the kimbers a tad better just because they dont feel as cheap, but there is nothing wrong with a tikka.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I second champ.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Ttt how smooth is the feeding with the short mag cartridge

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I really want a sako 75 or 85 but getting one for the right money is not easy

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Go Tikka all the way! Half the price and twice the performance of the Kimber. About the same weight too. A little more plastic with the Tikka, but I don't care because mine shoots lights out. I have one in a 25-06 and the first 3 shots out of the box were touching. I have other high end rifles like Weatherbys and Styers, but nothing shoots like my Tikka.

War Damn Eagle!
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Does anyone know the length of pull on a grey wolf

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by utah708
I would bet that on average, the Tikkas are more accurate than Kimbers. Tikka triggers are very nice. you have to be able to accept some use of plastic (bolt shroud, trigger guard) to appreciate the Tikka, but they are great performers. I never hear anybody saying " playing the Tikka lottery," but I do hear that about the Kimbers.

Does "on average" mean about 99.9% of the time? If so, I'd agree.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ReadyRob
Go Tikka all the way! Half the price and twice the performance of the Kimber. About the same weight too. A little more plastic with the Tikka, but I don't care because mine shoots lights out. I have one in a 25-06 and the first 3 shots out of the box were touching. I have other high end rifles like Weatherbys and Styers, but nothing shoots like my Tikka.
Twice the performance? That has not been my experience and I have owned numerous guns in both. Both are very accurate. Please explain how the tikka is twice the gun.

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by stump270
I have a classic kimber but this season first thing in the morning I shot a doe and the cartridge stuck in the chamber had to get down and go get another rifle will the tikka hang with the kimber in accuracy finish blah blah. Blah does any one have both what r education.

The Kimber classics are really nice rifles. How long have you owned it and do you reload?

I would be spending my time looking into why that particular round got stuck in the first place. If you reload, you might be dealing with some pressure issues. Have you shot the rifle since?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by CLB

The Kimber classics are really nice rifles. How long have you owned it and do you reload?

I would be spending my time looking into why that particular round got stuck in the first place. If you reload, you might be dealing with some pressure issues. Have you shot the rifle since?

This is what crosses my mind.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by hunterjrg
Originally Posted by CLB

This is what crosses my mind.

+2...What was the deal?????

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
It might have had surface rust in the chamber I had left it on the buggy the night before it maybe two in a row another reason I'm looking into stainless rifles

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a Kimber. Never will again. I've had tikka's and still do! Kimber was one of the worst POS I owned.

Disabled American Veteran. U.S. Army 2000 - 2007 Proud to have served.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
What is this big difference in a lite and a fluted stainless if put a BanC on both of them

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Twice the performance? That has not been my experience and I have owned numerous guns in both. Both are very accurate. Please explain how the tikka is twice the gun.

Gunchamp, I never said that the Tikka was twice the gun, my experience has shown they just have twice the performance (figuratively). Here is my unscientific reasoning: 1) Endless threads out there talking about accuracy issues with the Kimbers. Many have sent them back to Kimber. 2) RARELY have I seen threads that talk about Tikka accuracy problems. In fact, most threads talk about how accurate Tikkas are. 3) My Tikka shoots MOA with factory ammo. My hunting partner gets 2 inches at best with his M84 in a 300 WSM. He has tried 9 different types of ammunition to get to the 2 inches. Sure, he can spend another couple hundred dollars on bedding and floating to get the gun to shoot better, but remember, he has over a grand in the rifle already. I have around $500 in my Tikka.

Conclusion: 1) Shooting 2 inches vs. under 1 inch. 2) $1,000 vs. $500. That is about twice the performance any way you slice it.

It sounds like you have a great shooting Kimber. That is great. No offense intended.

War Damn Eagle!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Most of us have great shooting Kimbers. Bunch of people that can't shoot complain about same rifles and even more that don't have or shoot them complain. It always amazes me the number of people that ask others what they should buy. Those same people would ask for help in finding a lifetime mate and what color should They paint their bedroom. Sorry but many of us have or had a bad example of a Remington, Winchester, Tika or whatever yet don't spend our time badmouthing the label to all that will listen. And if what I witness at the range , many can't shoot for $hit. Regardless of what they paid for the magnum of the day. Rant over.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Gunchamp, I never said that the Tikka was twice the gun, my experience has shown they just have twice the performance (figuratively). Here is my unscientific reasoning: 1) Endless threads out there talking about accuracy issues with the Kimbers. Many have sent them back to Kimber. 2) RARELY have I seen threads that talk about Tikka accuracy problems. In fact, most threads talk about how accurate Tikkas are. 3) My Tikka shoots MOA with factory ammo. My hunting partner gets 2 inches at best with his M84 in a 300 WSM. He has tried 9 different types of ammunition to get to the 2 inches. Sure, he can spend another couple hundred dollars on bedding and floating to get the gun to shoot better, but remember, he has over a grand in the rifle already. I have around $500 in my Tikka.

Conclusion: 1) Shooting 2 inches vs. under 1 inch. 2) $1,000 vs. $500. That is about twice the performance any way you slice it.

It sounds like you have a great shooting Kimber. That is great. No offense intended.
No offense taken. I was just curious. We all have different experiences. I have owned a few kimbers and all have been very accurate. The tikkas I've owned have all been great too. I just don't believe the kimber bashing on the rifles. Everyone of my experiences were great and everyone I know personally who owned one had great luck. My present Montana will shoot under moa with just most of my handloads. Now the kimber 1911's, that's another story. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,782 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.