Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There is a good point right here.... the Federal Government is allowing Corporations to send jobs overseas like mad...

I am in total support for the Federal Government of taxing these corporations for each American job sent overseas, to the tune of exactly what the worker would have been making stateside... then they can pay the worker they put on unemployment via that...

Where Hillbilly Bear talked about Tyson importing people from Burma or Thailand to work in their factories.... the Federal Government needs to outlaw that practice period...

Hell, last summer in Nebraska, I stopped at a small town rural Walmart off of I 80, and the store was full of Mexicans and Somalians... in the middle of Nebraska...

asked a local woman WTH was with all of that, and she said there was an Iowa Beef Packing plant in town... they dropped the wages so that they got few if any Americans working there.... so they import Mexicans and Somalis to work for low wages... this ought to be outlawed by our federal government also....

but bottom line, our politicians are driving the country this way...and the bottom line motivation is to create environments where they can get re elected over and over...

the problem and solution lies in Washington....and remember folks, our Federal Government is actually lead by 546 people who make up the 3 branches of government...

2 in the Executive Branch...
100 Senators in the Legislative Branch
435 Congressmen in the Legislative Branch
9 Supreme Court Justices....in the Judicial Branch..

What they create by policy and laws is what is ruining this nation....

as a nation of 300 million, what are we doing about it besides just complaining???

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
And I have a LNIB Ruger pistol for sale. cheap!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by fish head
My one big problem with this is cutting off benefits to everyone that's been receiving unemployment for longer than 26 weeks with basically no notice.

They have could have at least given people 90 days to plan ahead. I'm not in favor of forever unemployment benefits but cutting people off right after Christmas is cruel.

IMO, there should be a time limit on receiving full benefits and after a certain point they should taper off. Make it hurt to be unemployed for a long period of time.

I know In Pa when you fill out paper work for UI. They do specifically tell you how long you will be able to recieve benefits. If you cant find a job in 6 months thats your fault

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Most people that live off of the government tit won't understand . And that's a larger % of our population every day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really do sympathize with those that are in careers or areas with high unemployment. It sucks. It's bad luck. It's awful. It's terrible. There's no jobs. Yes, I get it. We all get it.

So what?

No one owes you a job. You don't have the right to a job. You most certainly have no right to a nice job at a nice pay level exactly where you want it.

Move. Get a truck driving job. Start a home business. Start a regular business. Telemarket. Buy and sell. Work in the oil fields.

It's up to you

The government ("we the People") doesn't owe you anything....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If "you the people" didn't tax the snot out of me I might agree with you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dutch

Actually, they(we) do. I pay into the fund weekly. It better be there when someone needs it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
And as being self employed I can never collect it, but that doesn't mean its a bad program.

Its an investment, an investment in people, mostly good people that with some luck will pay dividends.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Someone I know has been ranting about this for years, his solution;

Anyone who receives their income from the Government should NOT be allowed to vote.

Think about it, government workers voting is a conflict of interest.
It�s like people in the private sector picking their own bosses, are they going to pick the best person for the job, or pick the person who promises the biggest raise and most days off ?

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
There is a good point right here.... the Federal Government is allowing Corporations to send jobs overseas like mad...

I am in total support for the Federal Government of taxing these corporations for each American job sent overseas, to the tune of exactly what the worker would have been making stateside... then they can pay the worker they put on unemployment via that...

Where Hillbilly Bear talked about Tyson importing people from Burma or Thailand to work in their factories.... the Federal Government needs to outlaw that practice period...

Hell, last summer in Nebraska, I stopped at a small town rural Walmart off of I 80, and the store was full of Mexicans and Somalians... in the middle of Nebraska...

asked a local woman WTH was with all of that, and she said there was an Iowa Beef Packing plant in town... they dropped the wages so that they got few if any Americans working there.... so they import Mexicans and Somalis to work for low wages... this ought to be outlawed by our federal government also....

but bottom line, our politicians are driving the country this way...and the bottom line motivation is to create environments where they can get re elected over and over...

the problem and solution lies in Washington....and remember folks, our Federal Government is actually lead by 546 people who make up the 3 branches of government...

as a nation of 300 million, what are we doing about it besides just complaining???

The federal gov just tried to rollout healthcare for everyone. As a result, many companies are laying off employees to get under 50, or doing many more part time workers. Or canceling health plans altogether. The MASSIVE amounts of regulations that have rolled down in the last 5 years have caused many companies to go overseas. The solution is less government involvement, not more.

And agree with you though on how more cheap labor drives down labor rates. I am sure all the unions are lined up against any amnesty program. Oh wait....

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Totally agree with you.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The solution is not more of the same. The answer is to nurture business, capitalism and entrepreneurial spirit to grow the economy. There are 91,000,000 Americans out of work. How about we adapt a strategy of "a rising tide lifts all boats".
Who said that? Certainly no progressive republican!

Last edited by bigwhoop; 12/29/13.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I feel that Federal un-employment extensions should work like this;

To start, you get what ever your state provides, then once that runs out the first federal extension should be

100% for six months

The second federal extension should be

80% for six months

Then 60%, then 40% then 20% until straight up welfare is more lucrative.

You can dilly dally around with those numbers just about any way you want, as long as each extension is noticeably less than the one before it, slowly weaning people off the gravy train.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick

Actually, they(we) do. I pay into the fund weekly. It better be there when someone needs it.

For the six months of the contract, of course. After that, it's just hogs at the welfare through.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I know in my state the employer pays for UE.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
A few years ago I lost my machinist job due to unfair trade practices
with China. The government paid for me to go back to school so I picked
Public Works Maintenance.
I applied for a city job where 400 of us were applying for one job.
I finally got a six month job working for $13.00 per hr. working ing for the county. The next summer I worked for three months for a small city making $11.00 per hr.I decided to try machine shops again.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire

Dude - got fascism? The government should tell businesses where they have to offer jobs? Maybe you should apply for a position with the Oblather administration. The government has a responsibility to create an economic climate that fosters growth, not one that encourages moving the jobs overseas. Obamacare, with it's mandatory health insurance mandates is the greatest exporter of American jobs and it's just going to get worse.

The reason that those Nebraska meatpacking towns are full of Somalis and Mexicans is because they work hard and they don't mind getting stinky at work. Americans used to be willing to work hard.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 12/29/13.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I know in my state the employer pays for UE.

Here in PA both contribute.

Employer Taxes

A 5.1 percent (.051) surcharge on employer contributions, reduced from 5.8 percent in 2012. The surcharge adjustment is computed by multiplying your basic rate by the 5.1 percent surcharge. The surcharge adjustment does not apply to reimbursable employers.

A 0.65 percent (.0065) additional employer contribution, unchanged from 2012. The additional contribution is added to your tax rate as adjusted by the surcharge. The additional contribution is not applicable to non-delinquent newly liable and reimbursable employers.

A 1.1 percent (.011) interest factor, increased from 0.2 percent in 2012. Due to the passage of Act 60 of 2012, the interest factor will be used to fund the payment of bond obligations beginning in 2013. It may also be used to fund payment of interest on federal loans, although Pennsylvania does not currently have a federal loan balance. The interest factor is not applicable to non-delinquent newly liable employers and reimbursable employers. Also, it is not credited to the employer's reserve account nor considered for federal certifications.

Employee Contributions

A 0.07 percent (.0007) tax on employee wages, or 70 cents on each $1,000 paid, reduced from 0.08 percent in 2012. Employee withholding contributions are submitted with each UC-2/2A quarterly report. Employee withholding applies to the total wages paid in 2013. It is not limited to the $8,500 taxable wage base for employer contributions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

For the six months of the contract, of course. After that, it's just hogs at the welfare through.

Do you wanna suck up an extension or foreclosed homes, unpaid taxes, cars, etc etc etc? We've been through this before. Eventually the economy turns around. We can hold our own or watch things get worse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like business owners are getting screwed.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10ring1, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 69 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,577
Posts18,532,148
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.