Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
How did it all work out for you in 2013?
Good, bad, in between?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've had better years in some regards.

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
No problems. Mostly good. The bad times were few and just a reminder to keep trusting the Lord.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wabigoon;
Hopefully this finds you and yours well sir.

As we've discussed offline, this has been one of the most trying years in recent memory.

Between work and family issues it seems to have been one thing after another.

For instance I can't recall a year with more marriage breakups at work, or more financial trials and tribulations either there for that matter.

Many friends here on the 'Fire seem to have had a particularly heinous year as far as deaths, poor health and relationship breakdowns are concerned.

Anyway, I'll spare further details Richard, but I can't remember how many times I've commented that 2013 has truly been an "unlucky 13" in many, many ways.

Here's hoping for better days in 2014 Richard.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Dwayne, the unlucky 13 you mentioned is interesting.
My understanding of thirteen being unlucky is that it stems from that being the number present at The Last Supper.
One should think that is a good, not a bad thing.

2013 was not the best year I've every had, but staying on top of the grass does have some benefits.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
2013 was a year of challenges and yet hope too. I like others above look forward to 2014 being better than 2013.

Best wishes to all for a healthy, prosperous, and hunting filled 2014.

GRF

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
2013, for myself and family was great,freezer is full of Moose,our youngest boy got out of College and found a good job.
Got to spend lots of quality time with our 2 granddaughters.
Everybody is healthy,which is the most important thing of all.

Good luck to all in 2014

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GRF;
I'll send those wishes out to you and yours too for sure sir.

Hopefully I didn't come across as too down about the year, as I've often mentioned to wabigoon in our exchanges, when folks ask me how I'm doing I reply, "Home is good thanks!" wink

Truly GRF I have a lot to be thankful for in that home is indeed good. My comments were only to relate that overall there seemed to be turmoil, illness and even death in a lot of folks' lives this year.

All the best to you and yours in 2014.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
2013 has been an interesting year. It brought our family our second grand daughter, our family is as close as ever, I filled a long awaited mule deer tag with my best to date deer.

On the negative side: I didn't get in anywhere near as much hunting/fishing or camping I had expected to.

May we all have a safe and happy holiday season and 2014 will hold many more positives for all of us.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bit of adjustment here as it's my wife's first year of retirement, while I escaped the work scene several years ago. All the kids and grandkids (7 and counting) are well, and keeping us busy. We visited family in northern Manitoba during our summer travels, and had some great walleye fishing. The group I hunt with managed to fill 2 big bull moose tags this fall, though a foot problem kept me from getting out as often as I would have liked. I also got to share a blind on a goose and duck shoot in Alberta with an 85 year old uncle who I hunted with frequently as a boy ... he's still knocking them out of the sky! Acquired and refinished a couple new (to me) rifles over the year ... so all in all it's been a good one.

We have a couple trips planned for 2014, and are looking forward to filling the remainder of the year with personal interests and family.

Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy New Year.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
2013 was a mixture of both good & bad. I spent the first part of the year recovering from a "roto rooter" surgery, if you don't know what that is count your blessings. The later part of the year was great made a trip to Alaska with a life long buddy for some halibut fishing and then to top off the year, the wife & I made a 4200 mile trip round trip from Texas to Alberta for a WT hunt. I didn't kill one as big as I had hoped for but did take the largest Wt of my life. Looking forward to 2014 want to make a trip to Africa for a Cape Buffalo but I think $$$$ are going to keep that from happening. Lord Willing 2014 will be a good Year!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 222Sako, 10ring1, 219DW, 36 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,776
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.